Chrome app webview and application cache errors

Gary Thompson

Mar 17, 2015, 1:32:21 PM3/17/15
to chromi...@chromium.org
HI,

I am developing a Chrome app that uses a webview to display remote content. The content is dynamically generated by a CMS and works fine. I am now adding the capability to store the webview content locally using the application cache and am running into some issues. The manifest is also dynamically generated by a script that supplies all of the fully qualified urls to each asset.

The hardware I am developing on is an HP Chromebox.
ChromeOS version: 41.0.2272.89

Here are the two issues I've run into:

Issue 1: All of the files listed in the manifest which are images, swf or html are downloaded but when it makes the second/final request for the manifest it fails with the error: Application Cache Error event: Manifest fetch failed (2)

Issue 2: If any of the files is a video the download process fails with the following error: Application Cache Error event: Resource fetch failed (2)

As a test I used the same url I am using in the webview in the Chrome browser on the Chromebox and it worked perfectly with all of the files (images/videos) being downloaded correctly. They also load correctly from the manifest when in offline mode.

As a starting point I built a test app using all static content from my server and everything worked as expected so I'm quite confused as to why the dynamic content isn't working in the app. Especially when it works in the Chrome browser.

Could there be some sort of permission error?

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson

Mar 23, 2015, 7:41:58 PM3/23/15
to chromi...@chromium.org
I found the problem which turned out to be an issue with the HTML code for the webview. I had a misplaced quote and the partition wasn't getting set properly.

Sigh.

Thanks,
Gary Thompson