Get the file's location after save

ja...@mabonservices.com

Aug 1, 2017, 8:33:22 PM8/1/17
to Chromium-Apps-Announce

When using the standard save functionality (chrome.fileSystem.chooseEntry), I noticed on a chromebook that the user can save either locally on the device (i.e. the Downloads folder), or on Google Drive.  The locations are all handled in the Save File dialog.  Is there a way for me to determine where they saved the file after it has been saved?

I have checked the writeableEntry callback after chooseEntry, but it only shows something similar to this:
{
fileSystem
: DOMFileSystem
fullpath
: "/myfile.txt"
isDirectory
: false
isFile
: true
name
: "myfile.txt"
}

This return is the same whether I save the file to a local location or google drive.  I'd really like to know where they ended up saving the file.