Single App Kiosk allow to exit and pop up window

Eric Hansen

Sep 26, 2014, 10:35:30 AM9/26/14
to chromi...@chromium.org
I made a single app kiosk that goes to a Google site displaying websites for my students to access. One of my websites that run in the single app kiosk, upon logging into it will need to open up another window. My app is not allowing for this to happen.

Can someone help me with what code i should enter to allow this to happen?

Also, a way to allow a user to exit the app without turning off the device?

Greg Green

Sep 29, 2015, 5:04:19 PM9/29/15
to Chromium Apps
I am interested in this same ability.  We want a Chromebase station to be able to launch directly to our student information system (SIS), but our SIS runs with a lot of pop up windows.  I would like to be able to allow pop ups to be ran for this kiosk app.  I would also like to allow staff to exit the Kiosk app when they are done without having to power off the machine.

Paul Canning

Sep 30, 2015, 5:04:29 AM9/30/15
to Greg Green, Chromium Apps
Not wanting to sound rude, but why are you using a Chrome app when its just a website?

---------------------------------
Paul Canning
[ software artist ]
---------------------------------
[draw&code]
digital creative studio

---------------------------------

Cpl Catalog

Aug 2, 2016, 9:45:35 AM8/2/16
to Chromium-Apps-Announce, ggr...@molineschools.org
Check out https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/3134673?hl=en

You'll see that kiosk mode is recommended for library catalogs, education websites, etc. I, too, am looking for a way to allow kiosk mode of a web browser but also allow pop-ups. Kiosk mode is wonderful in that it locks down the chromebit and doesn't allow the user to change anything. They can only access the website specified.

Sunan Ketyoi

Aug 3, 2016, 1:10:28 AM8/3/16
to Cpl Catalog, Chromium-Apps-Announce, Greg Green
😇

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Chromium-Apps-Announce" group.

Chris Jasztrab

Jan 17, 2017, 3:29:24 PM1/17/17
to Chromium-Apps-Announce, ggr...@molineschools.org
Cpl Catalog,

Were you ever able to get pop-ups working?

District

Mar 1, 2017, 2:48:30 PM3/1/17
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
I'm in the same boat: need to allow popups in a Chrome app we are running in Kiosk mode on our Chromebooks. If anyone has a solution, please share and thank you.
-Granger Meador
Webmaster, Bartlesville Public Schools

Víctor Cima Granda

Apr 7, 2017, 7:40:16 AM4/7/17
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
Hi Eric?, have you ever found a workaround for this trouble?, if you have got it I would like to share with me please, because I´m facing against this problem.

Regards!

Matt Knoll

Mar 19, 2018, 4:50:00 PM3/19/18
to Chromium-Apps-Announce