Detecting Chrome App Reload from Extension

Jakub Pawlowski

Apr 23, 2015, 7:35:37 PM4/23/15
to chromi...@chromium.org
Hi,
I need to detect Chrome App Reload from Extension. Right now I use chrome.management.onEnabled event for that.
It works great, when I go to chrome://extension page, and hit Reload, or Ctrl+R, or if I go to extension background page and execute chrome.runtime.restart().

However, when I'm on background page, and hit Ctrl+R, the page gets reloaded, whole app is re-started, but chrome.management.onEnabled event is not issued.
Is that bug or a feature ? What is proper way to do that ?