Bluetooth problems on Chromebooks

Marya Predko Brown

Jun 9, 2016, 8:52:03 PM6/9/16
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
We are developing a chrome Extension that we designed to allow us to program different movements for a robot. The program connects to the robot via bluetooth.

While we have no problems on a Windows PC and Mac, when we are using a chromebook for our program with and have found 2 issues:

1. when we have a connection error, we do not get meaningful message back

2. On a chromebook, after connecting and disconnecting, you cannot reconnect, this is for bluetooth the code works fine for pcs and mac

Chrome api bluetooth page is confusing in terms of trying to find what to exactly call back from the chrome bluetooth source code, we think we need
"onAcceptError" to help display the message.

We have tried "getInfo" and "getAdapterState", but this does not give anything other then "undefined". The chrome app in question allows for people to connect with a robot and program commands on a modified SCRATCH ui.