Chrome Web Store Developer Dashboard - no impressions

Alex Cordonnier

Jan 10, 2013, 4:02:42 PM1/10/13
to chromi...@chromium.org
I've published 2 extensions in the CWS, and I like to keep track of their performance on the Developer Dashboard. However, they have recently had several days where they both get 0 impressions and therefore 0 installs. I published my extensions last summer, and only in the past month or so have they had "problem" days. They always happen on the same day to both extensions. The main problem, other than annoyance, is that they really cause my weekly user count to take a hit.

The days that I've noticed this are December 13, December 26, and January 9.

What's the deal? Does anyone else have this problem? Are these just days the store is down for whatever reason?

Maxime Le Breton

Jan 14, 2013, 6:12:59 AM1/14/13
to chromi...@chromium.org

ram kumar

Jan 15, 2013, 10:23:59 AM1/15/13
to chromi...@chromium.org
Yeah me too but on Jan 9 reports came late

Alex Cordonnier

Jan 15, 2013, 8:51:24 PM1/15/13
to chromi...@chromium.org
I noticed this too. When I first checked on January 10, it showed no impressions and no installs. But when I checked later, they showed up.

Also, looking at Google Analytics for my extensions, they have had pageviews every day since I uploaded them, which doesn't make sense with the zero impressions and zero installs. Looking purely at the pageviews, it looks like nothing was out of the ordinary. So people were still getting to my extension somehow, but the dashboard says they got no impressions and no installs. That makes me think that maybe the Chrome Web Store just didn't tally the stats on December 13 and 26. Like you said, Ram, the stats showed up late for January 9, which seems to indicate some kind of problem with the tracking system.

Alex Cordonnier

Jan 17, 2013, 7:07:53 PM1/17/13
to chromi...@chromium.org
Another possibly related incident was that over the past two days, my extensions both increased 20% of their weekly users, which is huge, yet they both received average installs and impressions. I'm thinking Google changed the method of counting weekly users suddenly.

bulli...@gmail.com

May 12, 2013, 9:09:35 PM5/12/13
to chromi...@chromium.org

Is anyone currently experiencing this problem? My extensions read zero installs and impressions for the past 2-3 days. I've seen them flatline in the past but never for a few days running...

Thanks

Alex Cordonnier

May 12, 2013, 9:20:38 PM5/12/13
to chromi...@chromium.org
I noticed the same problem. Mine have flatlined since May 8th. Strangely, the total weekly user counts haven't dropped as much as they should have if the extensions truly got zero installs.

Chris Tarquini

May 13, 2013, 12:44:55 AM5/13/13
to chromi...@chromium.org
I've noticed this problem as well, completely flat-lined since May 8th. Even analytics is showing no installs (linked via the app store)

Veikko Salminen

May 13, 2013, 2:52:21 AM5/13/13
to chromi...@chromium.org
Same problem here.. nice to know that i'm not the only one with this problem.. :-)

Joe Marini

May 13, 2013, 2:28:32 PM5/13/13
to Veikko Salminen, Chromium Apps
The Store team is aware of the issue and working on it. Sorry for the problem, guys.

Joe Marini
Developer Advocate / Chrome

Alex Cordonnier

Jun 28, 2013, 5:46:58 PM6/28/13
to chromi...@chromium.org, bulli...@gmail.com
I'm showing no impressions for both June 26 and 27, although my weekly user counts are way up.

Also, for some reason, earlier today the Developer Dashboard wouldn't load any historical data in the chart. I tried downloading the CSV and it didn't have any data, only dates. But when I tried it again just now, suddenly the chart works fine.

Alex Cordonnier

Jul 2, 2013, 7:26:28 PM7/2/13
to chromi...@chromium.org, Veikko Salminen
I've had no impressions or installs for 6 days now, and my weekly user count has fallen 10%. This is extremely troubling. When will this be fixed??

Joe Marini

Jul 2, 2013, 7:31:49 PM7/2/13
to Alex Cordonnier, Chromium Apps, Veikko Salminen
Sorry this is taking a while, I'll see what the eng team is up to.

Message has been deleted

Stephane Hamel

Jul 11, 2013, 11:13:02 AM7/11/13
to chromi...@chromium.org
Same issue here - zero impressions and installs on https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/wasp-web-analytics-soluti/niaoghengfohplclhbjnjheodgkejpih since June 26th. But the active user base keeps growing and I'm tracking with GA which shows steady growth and usage.

On Thursday, January 10, 2013 4:02:42 PM UTC-5, Alex Cordonnier wrote:

Connect with us on twittergoogle+facebook, or linkedin.

Catch our next training in Austin, Jul 8 - 12San Francisco Jul 15 - 19Philadelphia Jul 22 - 26Detroit Jul 29 - Aug 2 or See All.

This email, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify us by reply email or by telephone, delete this email and destroy any copies. Thank you.

Kyle Graehl

Jul 12, 2013, 1:26:10 PM7/12/13
to chromi...@chromium.org
I'm also seeing no impressions and no installs, though I am able to install the app myself, and google analytics is still showing data.

I have a feeling it is related to my adding "key" to the manifest.

Alex Cordonnier

Jul 12, 2013, 6:19:23 PM7/12/13
to chromi...@chromium.org
I never added the key to my manifest, yet it still has problems with the dashboard.

By the way, it's now been over 2 weeks, and I still am seeing no installs and no impressions. My weekly user counts have fallen drastically across the board. I would really appreciate it if someone from the CWS team could tell me what is going on.

Steve B

Jul 13, 2013, 10:30:20 AM7/13/13
to chromi...@chromium.org
I have made no significant changes to my manifest.  Since June 26 my stats have reporting NOTHING.  Also when I look in the dashboard it no longer shows the average rating (stars) for my app.

Joe Marini

Jul 13, 2013, 12:50:00 PM7/13/13
to Steve B, Chromium Apps
The CWS team is working on fixing the issue.

Alex Cordonnier

Jul 17, 2013, 8:21:36 PM7/17/13
to chromi...@chromium.org, Steve B
This seems to have been fixed as of yesterday. Additionally, data since July 10th now shows up for me. Hopefully this issue is fixed permanently. Thanks, Joe.

Alex Cordonnier

Oct 26, 2013, 11:04:52 AM10/26/13
to chromi...@chromium.org
Stats have been unavailable since October 22. I think I remember it working on the 23rd (showing stats from the 22nd), but since then those stats have disappeared.

Scott Fujan

Oct 26, 2013, 12:33:37 PM10/26/13
to Alex Cordonnier, Chromium Apps
Also, ratings don't seem to have been updated since Oct 23rd.

Ram Kumar

Oct 26, 2013, 12:36:15 PM10/26/13
to chromi...@chromium.org, Alex Cordonnier
This happens once in every few months regularly.It will get fixed in few days

Paul Walker

Oct 26, 2013, 6:06:17 PM10/26/13
to chromi...@chromium.org, Alex Cordonnier
I have the same issue. But also my extension is not showing up in search.

Alejandro Graffe

Oct 28, 2013, 12:54:24 PM10/28/13
to chromi...@chromium.org, Steve B
Hi Joe, do we all need to provide you with our apps and extensions ID? or will the team fix this for every one?

Thanks

Joe Marini

Oct 28, 2013, 2:07:13 PM10/28/13
to Alejandro Graffe, Chromium Apps, Steve B
Nothing you guys need to do.

M Scott Adams

Oct 29, 2013, 12:08:24 PM10/29/13
to chromi...@chromium.org
Just curious if anybody's stats are back up. My impressions & installations have been showing 0s since Oct. 23, and they're still doing so today (Oct. 29).

Joe Marini

Oct 29, 2013, 12:17:09 PM10/29/13
to M Scott Adams, Chromium Apps
We're working on it. It's a store-side issue.

Joseph DeBono

May 26, 2014, 6:35:50 AM5/26/14
to chromi...@chromium.org, M Scott Adams
Has this issue been solved since then?  It seems to have been working fine when the extension was relatively unknown.  During the weekend it got a ton of exposure because it was linked on several tech sites however since then both impressions and installations have been marked as 0 as seen in the image below.

Weekly users on the previous has gone up though and seems to be working properly.

Thanks,

Joseph

Der Daniel

May 26, 2014, 7:54:41 AM5/26/14
to chromi...@chromium.org, M Scott Adams
Your success and the stats being down at the same time is just a coincidence. Today is probably a holiday also here at Google so maybe tomorrow they'll try to fix it.

Also the numbers from last day with stats are probably wrong by approx 50% because my analytics show a rise but the stats here show a major drop. They generally try to backfill the stats so stay calm.

On a side note, could the Store team share who took Joe Marini's position and role here? He was of great help, and we (or I...) would love to know the new contact point.

Regards!

Joe Marini

May 27, 2014, 1:34:51 PM5/27/14
to Der Daniel, Chromium Apps, M Scott Adams
I think the team is ramping up on a new support infrastructure now that I've moved to a new role. Shouldn't be long, in the meantime I believe the team members are taking turns monitoring the forum.

Joe Marini
Developer Advocate - Google

Sebastian Machado Malbran

Aug 6, 2014, 9:34:39 AM8/6/14
to chromi...@chromium.org, daniel.a...@gmail.com, mscot...@gmail.com
I'm having the same problem with my 3 extensions. No installs and impressions for the last two days.

Scott Fujan

Aug 6, 2014, 6:04:10 PM8/6/14
to Sebastian Machado Malbran, Chromium Apps, daniel.a...@gmail.com, mscot...@gmail.com
I confirm that stats are down again. Will they be fixed soon or will it be the next Monday/Tuesday update?

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 8:34 AM, Sebastian Machado Malbran <machado...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm having the same problem with my 3 extensions. No installs and impressions for the last two days.

Tommy Li

Jul 1, 2015, 3:21:14 PM7/1/15
to chromi...@chromium.org
Stats are down once again, at least for me.

Benjamin Dixon

Jul 25, 2015, 11:22:59 AM7/25/15
to Chromium Apps, alex...@gmail.com
Stats have been down for me starting July 20 through today :(

hollandnumerics

Jul 26, 2015, 5:26:09 PM7/26/15
to Chromium Apps, alex...@gmail.com
Alex,

I have missing stats for the following dates:
  • 16May2015 to 17May2015
  • 07Jul2015
  • 20Jul2015 to date
...........Phil

Oliver Francescatti

Sep 18, 2015, 8:58:51 AM9/18/15
to Chromium Apps
Mine have been down since Monday.  Anyone else having this issue

James

Sep 18, 2015, 1:54:34 PM9/18/15
to Chromium Apps
Hi Oliver, the Webstore team is working on this.  Thanks for flagging!

Tobi

Sep 20, 2015, 6:20:43 AM9/20/15
to Chromium Apps
Hi James,

Stats for our app haven't been reported since 14th September. There have been days without reporting in the past but only 1 or at most 2 in a row. This time it's been a week almost without the stats working.

Regards,
Tobi

Nathan Elston

Sep 21, 2015, 8:15:49 AM9/21/15
to Chromium Apps
I'm having this problem too from 14th September 2015 it flat lined. Even the reviews aren't correctly taken.
Message has been deleted

Kostyantyn Didenko

Sep 22, 2015, 7:17:16 AM9/22/15
to Chromium Apps
So an old thread but Google still have issues in metter. I also have same problem since 14th of Sept. 2015. There are no either Impressions or Installations and it impacts my overall stats. I laready faced this problem and seems I don't have data for Jul. 2015: 7; 21 - 24; 28; Aug. 2015: 1, 3, 8, etc.. while Google Analytics stats says that there were impressions at least.

Flame 2057

Jul 21, 2016, 9:27:47 PM7/21/16
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
I have the same problem as of July 2016. My extension URL Bin was getting around 300+ impressions a day until last Wednesday.

I looked it up in the webstore and it's still showing up in a search. Maybe it's only showing up for me?