Fullscreen ovverride

Luigino De Togni

Apr 22, 2014, 9:07:16 AM4/22/14
to chromi...@chromium.org
Hi,
as described here

"... An application can prevent the fullscreen state to be left when ESC is pressed by requesting the app.window.fullscreen.overrideEsc permission and canceling the event by calling .preventDefault()..."

but if i try to add the permission "app.window.fullscreen.overrideEsc" to file manifest.json, loading the unpackaged app i get the error
"Permission 'app.window.fullscreen.overrideEsc' is unknown or URL pattern is malformed."

I tried also to not include this permssion and i inserted this code on my js file
window.onkeydown = function (e) {

    if (e.keyCode == 27 /* ESC */ ) {

        e.preventDefault();
        chrome.app.window.current().close();
    }
};
but ESC key is not overridden and my app window back to normal mode (from fullscreenmode)

Anybody can help me?

Thank you for any suggestion!

Lewix

Jamie Walch

Apr 22, 2014, 1:55:51 PM4/22/14
to Luigino De Togni, Chromium Apps
I think you need to specify just "overrideEscFullscreen" in the manifest permissions. See https://code.google.com/p/chromium/codesearch#chromium/src/remoting/webapp/manifest.json.jinja2.

Luigino De Togni

Apr 23, 2014, 3:38:08 AM4/23/14
to chromi...@chromium.org, Luigino De Togni, jamie...@chromium.org
Wow it works!
Thank you!

Then this means that api portal
needs to be updated. Is there a form somewhere to contact chrome support?

Thank you again, i would like to mark this thread as solved but i can't find any button/way to do it.

Lewix

Jamie Walch

Apr 23, 2014, 11:56:00 AM4/23/14
to Luigino De Togni, Chromium Apps
There's a "Report a bug" link at the bottom of the page.

Ben Wells

Apr 23, 2014, 9:28:50 PM4/23/14
to Luigino De Togni, Chromium Apps, Jamie Walch
I've logged crbug.com/366435 to fix this. Thanks for finding and reporting!

Luigino De Togni

Apr 24, 2014, 4:16:14 AM4/24/14
to chromi...@chromium.org, Luigino De Togni, Jamie Walch
Thank you all!

Lewix

Ben Wells

Apr 24, 2014, 5:57:00 AM4/24/14
to Luigino De Togni, Chromium Apps, Jamie Walch
Small update - as you can see in the bug, the documentation is actually correct but a little ahead of its time. The 'overrideEscFullscreen' permission is now deprecated and has been replaced with the 'app.window.fullscreen.overrideEsc', but the new syntax isn't available in stable channel yet.

Sometimes our systems are a little too automatic...

PhistucK

Apr 24, 2014, 6:32:50 AM4/24/14
to Ben Wells, Luigino De Togni, Chromium Apps, Jamie Walch
That will keep happening when the documentation is always synchronized to trunk instead of to the stable release as it was before. Personally, I really do not understand the rationale of that change.

PhistucK