Chrome Web Store - Payment Bugs

DS Team

Sep 30, 2016, 2:39:03 AM9/30/16
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
Hi,

This is so ridiculous that I found these bugs in CWS dashboard regarding developer fee $5 payment.

Issues:
1. The payments are blocked or failing if I use Gift Cards
2. If payment cancelled, then there is no option or broken on dashboard to re-pay that $5 fee
3. Empty notifications on dashboard

In Sum, I am just blocked and unable to pay or publish new extensions!!  Such a bad experience and wondering why your team is failing to handle these basic use cases.

Screenshot of issues - http://prnt.sc/co19uq

I found these on regular Mac laptop.

- Thanks

DS Team

Oct 1, 2016, 11:38:36 AM10/1/16
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
Any response from CWS team?

PhistucK

Oct 1, 2016, 11:51:10 AM10/1/16
to DS Team, Antony Sargent, Chromium-Apps-Announce
Antony, the documentation has this line -
"For more information, including troubleshooting tips, see the Registration article."
But the link just gets redirected to the homepage of the web store developer documentation.
Do you know what is real URL of the article? Since it has troubleshooting tips, it may be handy here.

PhistucK

James

Oct 2, 2016, 3:33:05 PM10/2/16
to Chromium-Apps-Announce, dealst...@gmail.com, asar...@chromium.org
It looks like the registration article may have been deleted. We'll work on getting the documentation updated.

Regarding the original issues:
(1) The registration fee doesn't currently support gift cards.
(2) & (3) These very well may be bugs and the CWS team is investigating. Thanks for flagging.

For future reference, please file Chrome Web Store bugs in the Chromium issues tracker under the Webstore component.

James Deng

Oct 3, 2016, 3:37:46 AM10/3/16
to James, Chromium-Apps-Announce, dealst...@gmail.com, asar...@chromium.org
Think I might be having similar issues with

Uncaught TypeError: cx.SignupFeeStatusUpdater is not a constructor(anonymous function) @ dashboard:22

And as far as filing it on chromium issue tracker, perhaps support should be made aware because they all point to the google play developer portal.

This was also brought to the attention of a social media reps a full week ago on https://vk.com/wall-71741545_61660

PhistucK

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/group/chromium-apps/.

Nathan Natinusala

Oct 17, 2016, 4:23:11 PM10/17/16
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
Same problem here.

g0382024…:22Uncaught TypeError: cx.SignupFeeStatusUpdater is not a constructor

Dany_M

Nov 8, 2016, 2:18:32 AM11/8/16
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
Hi
when are you planning to fix this problem ? i get the same issue :
- empty notification
- no button to pay the fee, no details on how to do so.. when i click on the "publish" button, i'm redirected the the page that says i have to "pay the fee before publishing" without any link/button

in my JS console, i have this error :
cx.SignupFeeStatusUpdater is not a constructor(…)

we are blocked and can't publish our application, harry up Google !! :)

thank you for your help.

James

Nov 8, 2016, 11:01:01 AM11/8/16
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
Hey Folks,

The Webstore team doesn't have a fix for this just yet. If you're experiencing this issue, please add a comment to crbug.com/652178 stating that you're stuck and we'll try to work on unblocking your account. Please provide as much debugging info in your bug comment as possible.

Thanks,
James

James Deng

Nov 8, 2016, 3:31:43 PM11/8/16
to James, Chromium-Apps-Announce
Hi Danny

The current workaround appears to manually update and/or resubmit the transaction from wallet.google.com

Thanks,
James Deng