FB.login in Chrome app / webview

Alexandre Passant

Feb 14, 2014, 9:24:33 AM2/14/14
to chromi...@chromium.org
Hi,

I'm trying to package our current web-app into a desktop Chrome app, and am using a single-line webview in window.html

    <webview src="http://seevl.fm" style="width:1100px; height:720px"></webview>

The web-app uses FB.login() [1] and works well in the browser, yet, I have the following message when using it in the Chrome app

<webview>: A new window was blocked.

I can't see what I'm doing wrong. The FB.login() action is triggered by a user-click.

Is there any permissions required?

Thanks

Alex.

NB: Cross-posted on SO

Fady Samuel

Feb 14, 2014, 10:18:31 AM2/14/14
to Alexandre Passant, Chromium Apps
By default, <webview> will block new window requests (calls to window.open). To deal with new windows, you need to use the newwindow API:

I hope this helps!

Fady