I can not pay the Developer Fee to publish extensions

Bo Xilai

Oct 16, 2012, 1:03:47 AM10/16/12
to chromi...@chromium.org
Can anybody tell me what's the problem?
Screen Shot 2012-10-16 at 1.00.06 PM.png

purpen

Oct 20, 2012, 12:10:01 AM10/20/12
to chromi...@chromium.org
Me,too. Do not know how to do?Very anxious

在 2012年10月16日星期二UTC+8下午1时03分48秒,Bo Xilai写道:

Jouke Waleson

Oct 22, 2012, 2:26:24 AM10/22/12
to chromi...@chromium.org
Same here...

Bo Xilai

Nov 6, 2012, 5:09:41 AM11/6/12
to chromi...@chromium.org, jt.wa...@gmail.com
I need to publish my extension, Anybody can tell me what to do?

Christian Rodriguez

Nov 6, 2012, 4:27:43 PM11/6/12
to chromi...@chromium.org, jt.wa...@gmail.com
I've been having the same problem for days now and they've been "looking into it" for over a week.  I've tried paying with two separate credit cards with no luck.

Can anyone help out?

-Christian

Zahid Hussain

Nov 8, 2012, 12:29:08 PM11/8/12
to Christian Rodriguez, chromi...@chromium.org, jt.wa...@gmail.com

Christian Rodriguez

Nov 8, 2012, 12:34:10 PM11/8/12
to chromi...@chromium.org, Christian Rodriguez, jt.wa...@gmail.com
I did some investigating and found a band-aid. Hopefully this helps someone:

tl;dr: Try uploading an extension (any extension) and click the pay link on the extension configuration page that immediately follow the upload page.

1.  If I browse to the Chrome Extension Dashboard for the first time with a new account and try to click the pay link that appears as a highlighted yellow area in the footer I immediately get an error.

2.  If I instead try to add an extension I'm prompted to accept some terms of service.  After accepting those terms if go back to the dashboard and click on that same pay link I am successfully taken to a payment page.

Payments attempted through that link in the footer of the dashboard fail and are rejected.  Any future attempts to pay through that link end up at an error page.

3.  If I upload an extension (any extension) I end up at the new extension details page (pre-publishing).  On this page there is also a payment link.  Purchases made through this link successfully go through.

5.  If I'm (a) on an account that had previously tried and failed with the link on the dashboard and (b) click on the link that exists in the extension page I'm (c) taken to a page that tells me I need to update my information for a failed transaction.  (d) On this page it tells me that I have an invalid zip code because although my country, name, zip code, and phone number are saved, my address and state are not.

This leads me to believe that whoever implemented the page off of the dashboard may have done something wrong regarding how they id'd the input fields for address, city, and state.  The zip code information gets saved, but the account is in a failure state (wrong zip for default state, which is Alabama) and that dashboard page is not built to be able to handle that error, hence we're stuck.

I haven't investigated the code itself or the requests because I don't have the time right now, but hopefully some of this insight can help you fix the problem for other people!

Jouke Waleson

Dec 30, 2012, 3:47:17 PM12/30/12
to chromi...@chromium.org, Christian Rodriguez, jt.wa...@gmail.com
I've tried to raise attention for this by writing about it on a blog http://programmerstrouble.blogspot.com/2012/12/wtf-google.html. It had over 15000 hits in the last couple of hours so perhaps Google will do something to remedy our inconveniences.

Joe Marini

Jan 2, 2013, 5:30:32 PM1/2/13
to Jouke Waleson, Chromium Apps, Christian Rodriguez
Sorry for the trouble on this - you should be taken care of now. This isn't the goal we aspire to.

Joe Marini
Developer Advocate / Chrome

Jouke Waleson

Jan 2, 2013, 5:44:40 PM1/2/13