Remove app from Developer Dashboard

Gevik

Dec 8, 2010, 9:57:36 AM12/8/10
to Chromium Apps
How do I delete an app from my Chrome Web Store Developer Dashbord?

PhistucK

Dec 8, 2010, 9:59:16 AM12/8/10
to Gevik, Chromium Apps
This is not currently possible. However, simply unpublishing your extension\app will just make it not show up within the gallery\store.

PhistucK

Gevik

Dec 8, 2010, 10:04:43 AM12/8/10
to Chromium Apps
One would say such basic functionality is essential for the service. I
followed the google tutorial for publishing a test app not knowing it
will not be possible to remove the app later. I wonder the reason
behind this missing functionality.

On Dec 8, 3:59 pm, PhistucK <phist...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is not currently possible. However, simply unpublishing your
> extension\app will just make it not show up within the gallery\store.
>
> ☆*PhistucK*

PhistucK

Dec 8, 2010, 10:08:44 AM12/8/10
to Gevik, Chromium Apps
I would not count it as an "essential" functionality. Once you unpublish an app, it is the same as deleting it, as far as the public is concerned.
If you want to remove every shred of evidence to the code, you can upload a version with an essentially empty manifest and empty icons.

PhistucK

krtulmay

Dec 8, 2010, 11:10:18 AM12/8/10
to Chromium Apps
Yes, being able to remove your app from the developer dashboard is
most definitely an *essential functionality*.

Unviewable by the the public is not the only concern. Removed from
the dashboard and no longer saved on the Google servers is the other
concern. Regardless of who may have already downloaded the app
before, if I choose to remove my app at some point, I *must* be able
to remove it from Google's servers.

On Dec 8, 7:08 am, PhistucK <phist...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would not count it as an "essential" functionality. Once you unpublish an
> app, it is the same as deleting it, as far as the public is concerned.
> If you want to remove every shred of evidence to the code, you can upload a
> version with an essentially empty manifest and empty icons.

PhistucK

Dec 8, 2010, 12:41:48 PM12/8/10
to krtulmay, Chromium Apps
Like I wrote, upload an empty extension.

PhistucK

krtulmay

Dec 9, 2010, 1:07:25 AM12/9/10
to Chromium Apps
Like I wrote, that's a missing *essential functionality*.

Users should not have to think of or require workarounds like
uploading an empty extension. The delete app function *must* be
provided.

On Dec 8, 9:41 am, PhistucK <phist...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Like I wrote, upload an empty extension.

Victor Khimenko

Dec 10, 2010, 5:26:19 PM12/10/10
to krtulmay, Chromium Apps
On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 9:07 AM, krtulmay <krtu...@gmail.com> wrote:
Like I wrote, that's a missing *essential functionality*.

Well, addons.mozilla.org also missing this "essential functionality": you can not remove extension from it (you can remove all versions, but the extension entry will remain).

Users should not have to think of or require workarounds like
uploading an empty extension.  The delete app function *must* be
provided.

Why?

Caleb Eggensperger

Dec 11, 2010, 6:47:52 PM12/11/10
to Victor Khimenko, krtulmay, Chromium Apps
It would also be a bad user experience for the users of your extension if it was just removed without notice (because of the auto-updating).
--
Caleb Eggensperger
www.calebegg.com

krtulmay

Dec 11, 2010, 7:42:29 PM12/11/10
to Chromium Apps
On Dec 11, 3:47 pm, Caleb Eggensperger <caleb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It would also be a bad user experience for the users of your extension if it
> was just removed without notice (because of the auto-updating).

Then perhaps extensions auto-update should check that the extension
still exists before auto-updating. But that's an auto-update issue
and nothing to do with developers' requirement to delete their own
extensions if they so choose.

Victor Khimenko

Dec 12, 2010, 6:57:58 PM12/12/10
to krtulmay, Chromium Apps
On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 3:42 AM, krtulmay <krtu...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Dec 11, 3:47 pm, Caleb Eggensperger <caleb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It would also be a bad user experience for the users of your extension if it
> was just removed without notice (because of the auto-updating).

Then perhaps extensions auto-update should check that the extension still exists before auto-updating.

It can only do this if the extension is not deleted. Because otherwise it's impossible to distinguish two cases:
1. Extensions is removed and later different extension is placed in it's place.
2. Extension is updated.
Developer can do #1 even today - but this is always explicit decision, not an accident.

But that's an auto-update issue and nothing to do with developers' requirement to delete their own extensions if they so choose.

On the contrary: auto-update issue means you can't easily delete extension. It adds external links to extension and so the whole problem becomes case of DGC: you can only remove extension when you are sure there are no users of said extension. You need to develop some kind of lease system where clients periodically check for lease extension and stop using "expired" extension - but even this scheme will not work if users will start disabling this mechanism (and users of Chromium certainly can do that).

The whole thing looks way too complex for the cosmetic win it may offer. It does not mean it'll never be implemented, but it'll only happen when/if such "zombie extensions" will become serious problem.

P.S. And you still have not explained why you think it's "essential functionality".

krtulmay

Dec 13, 2010, 5:59:31 AM12/13/10
to Chromium Apps
On Dec 12, 3:57 pm, Victor Khimenko <k...@google.com> wrote:
> P.S. And you still have not explained why you think it's "essential
> functionality".

That's the easy part. An extension's author must always be able to
remove any extension he originally posted. That automatically makes
delete extensions an essential functionality. Victor, as you also
mentioned about addons.mozilla.org, yes they are missing this
essential functionality as well.

There is no need to differentiate between "a different extension is
placed in it's place" and "extension is updated". First of all,
that's not even a consideration. We are talking about deleting
extensions, none of which is "replacing extensions" nor "update
extensions". Secondly, if an extension author so chooses to update an
extension, whether a simple update or an update that changes the
extension entirely, that's the author's prerogative, and there is
still *no* need to differentiate between these two cases.

> On the contrary: auto-update issue means you can't easily delete extension.
> It adds external links to extension and so the whole problem becomes case of
> DGC: you can only remove extension when you are sure there are no users of
> said extension. You need to develop some kind of lease system where clients
> periodically check for lease extension and stop using "expired" extension -

Victor, you then go on to further confuse/mix up users' use of an
extension with an author's decision to update/delete his extension for
whatever reasons he may have. Regardless of auto-update, an author
*must* be able to easily his extension *at any time*. (This can
already be done with the workaround of updating the extension to a
blank empty one.) No, an author does not have to care if there are
any users of the extension, and no there does not need to any lease
system. Of course, in general, author's create extensions to share
with others to use. However, please don't conflate users's use of an
extension to require any restrictions on deletion of an author so
chooses.

> The whole thing looks way too complex for the cosmetic win it may offer.

There is nothing complex about the requirement at all. As mentioned,
the requirement is already there right now. You just use the
workaround of updating your extension on an empty one to effectively
delete it. As I said previously, author's should not have to think of
or require workarounds like this. The delete app/extension function
*must* be provided.

Victor Khimenko

Dec 13, 2010, 7:35:25 AM12/13/10
to krtulmay, Chromium Apps
On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 1:59 PM, krtulmay <krtu...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Dec 12, 3:57 pm, Victor Khimenko <k...@google.com> wrote:
> P.S. And you still have not explained why you think it's "essential
> functionality".

That's the easy part.  An extension's author must always be able to remove any extension he originally posted.

Wow! Great explanation: "this is essential functionality because it's *essential*, you know". Sorry, but if it's the best justification you can offer then I see no need to further discuss this question.

 Victor, as you also mentioned about addons.mozilla.org, yes they are missing this essential functionality as well.

No, they also have this minor annoyance. It certainly never was huge problem for Mozilla, I fail to see why it'll be huge problem for Chrome Web Store.

Perhaps we are using different meanings of the word "essential" ? I'm talking mostly about "indispensable, necessary, of utmost importance" meaning and to lesser extend about "inherent, basic" meaning. If the service used by thousands of developers and millions of users can live for years without some feature then this feature is certainly not "indispensable, necessary, of utmost importance". And if it requires major effort to implement it correctly (DGC, leases, etc), then it's not "inherent, basic". May be there are some other meaning I've missed?

There is no need to differentiate between "a different extension is placed in it's place" and "extension is updated".

Right. If you can not delete extension then there are no need to distinguish these cases. Auto-updater does not care and developer can do whatever s/he want.

Victor, you then go on to further confuse/mix up users' use of an extension with an author's decision to update/delete his extension for whatever reasons he may have.

S/he can always remove all extensions from his/her own system. And there are no confusion in this case.

But Chrome Web Store goal is to *publish* extensions - and the process of publishing dictates the rules.

No, an author does not have to care if there are any users of the extension, and no there does not need to any lease
system.

If author does not care about users then indeed there are no need for any lease system: don't add your extension to Chrome Web Store. Problem solved.

You just use the workaround of updating your extension on an empty one to effectively delete it.

You are not deleting it: you are making it empty. These are different states and they have different properties. In general it's not a good idea to remove extensions, but as you've correctly said sometimes author don't want to continue to offer it. Currently available compromise looks good to me.

As I said previously, author's should not have to think of or require workarounds like this.  The delete app/extension function
*must* be provided.

And I'm still not convinced. The only justification you can offer is the word *must* (should, essential, required, etc) - and this is pretty unconvincing argument by itself IMNSHO.

The functionality is either hard to implement (proper removal with DGC and everything) or minor cosmetic sugar (if the removed extensions are just moved to "removed" folder and later be revived) - certainly not something to conduct long discussions about.

krtulmay

Dec 13, 2010, 11:50:32 AM12/13/10
to Chromium Apps
On Dec 13, 4:35 am, Victor Khimenko <k...@chromium.org> wrote:
> > That's the easy part.  An extension's author must always be able to remove
> > any extension he originally posted.
>
> Wow! Great explanation: "this is essential functionality because it's
> *essential*, you know". Sorry, but if it's the best justification you can
> offer then I see no need to further discuss this question.

No, that's just poor reading on your part. I didn't say it's
essential because it's essential. I said delete extensions is
essential because an author must always be able to remove his own
extensions. "Being able to remove one's own extensions" is essential,
indispensable, necessary, and of utmost importance.

> And I'm still not convinced. The only justification you can offer is the
> word *must* (should, essential, required, etc) - and this is pretty
> unconvincing argument by itself IMNSHO.

I was never trying to convince you. Do you realize that nothing you
said affects the outcome if an author wants to delete an app/
extension? PhistucK has already stated the workaround procedure:
Upload an empty extension update. Author's can already accomplish the
outcome if they so choose. I am just stating the fact: Authors should
not have to think of or require workarounds. The delete app/extension
function *must* be provided.

Further immaterial discussion.
The following is just to correct your mistakes. The following
discussion is immaterial and unrelated to the essential functionality
of apps/extensions deletion.

> If you can not delete extension then there are no need to distinguish
> these cases.
Wrong. There is no need to distinguish these cases regardless of
deleting extensions or not.

> S/he can always remove all extensions from his/her own system. And there are
> no confusion in this case.
Wrong. There is no confusion when an author wants to delete an
extension. There are no different cases to consider.

> But Chrome Web Store goal is to *publish* extensions - and the process of
> publishing dictates the rules.
The goal if the webstore is immaterial and irrelevant if an author
chooses to delete an extension. And in the process of dictating the
rules, the webstore has made an *ERROR*. If dictating the rules means
not providing a delete app/extension, that is a *problem* that needs
to be fixed.

> If author does not care about users then indeed there are no need for any
> lease system: don't add your extension to Chrome Web Store. Problem solved.
Wrong. The issue is when an author decides to delete his extension
after having published it (regardless how many users it may have).
Problem is not solved, because delete extension function is not
present. The problem only currently has a workaround.

> > You just use the workaround of updating your extension on an empty one to
> > effectively delete it.
>
> You are not deleting it: you are making it empty. These are different states
> and they have different properties. In general it's not a good idea to
> remove extensions, but as you've correctly said sometimes author don't want
> to continue to offer it. Currently available compromise looks good to me.

Why would that be a good compromise? You are right that the state
would be different: deleted as opposed to empty. What is so
significant about having an existing by empty extension? Why not just
formalize and complete the process by allowing it to be deleted?

> The functionality is either hard to implement (proper removal with DGC and
> everything) or minor cosmetic sugar (if the removed extensions are just
> moved to "removed" folder and later be revived)

Actually, I believe it is neither of these cases. Google's general
and obstinate goals and paradigms are to always keep things (like keep
your free code for their use) without providing methods for you to
delete them.

> certainly not something to conduct long discussions about.

So you say, yet you are the one continuing the discussion and writing
a long reply. I have tried to keep the significant part of my reply
succinct at the beginning of the post before the immaterial
discussion. I certainly do feel that deleting apps/extensions is
important for discussion, and also essential, indispensable,
necessary, and of utmost importance.

Caleb Eggensperger

Dec 13, 2010, 12:08:34 PM12/13/10
to krtulmay, Chromium Apps
Ultimately, the decision of what features to offer on the web store is Google's, not yours, as they are providing the service.

Saying the feature is just inherently essential is meaningless. Essential by what authority?
--
Caleb Eggensperger
www.calebegg.com

Victor Khimenko

Dec 13, 2010, 1:09:39 PM12/13/10
to krtulmay, Chromium Apps

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 7:50 PM, krtulmay <krtu...@gmail.com> wrote:

No, that's just poor reading on your part.

Oh. I'll try better.

I didn't say it's essential because it's essential.

Ok.

"Being able to remove one's own extensions" is essential, indispensable, necessary, and of utmost importance.

Sorry, but no. It's a privilege you must *earn*. Not something you should be getting automatically. I don't always agree with RMS, but here he's right: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/misinterpreting-copyright.html

If your extension is private, secret, and generally not available for general public - it's one thing: it's protected as trade secret and there are no time limitations. But if you *published* it... Then you've given it to the public... Well, not really: you've promised to give it the public some time in the future. But why do you think you should have total control over it after such promise? What gives you right to ask to revoke said promise? Well, you have partial control because of concession made by the public: copyright law.

But note that you can not use the full extent of your temporary copyright rights when dealing with Chrome Web Store: when you upload the extension you sign an agreement which further restricts your privilege.

Do you realize that nothing you said affects the outcome if an author wants to delete an app/extension?

I very much aware of the fact that what I'll say CAN (but not necessary WOULD) alter the outcome. It's pretty easy to put all extensions in VCS and make sure all versions will always be available. Actually this is exactly how it's done with contributions to Google Chrome itself.

The fact that Google does not do it this way with Web Store just means it decided that it's bad policy in this particular case, it does not make it some kind of fundamental right.

Google gives you ability to change the extension and even remove the code from Chrome Web Store - and this is already big concession to developers. Google must be able to remove code from web site (see DMCA), but to say that developer should have the ability to delete extension at the drop of hat? That's different matter.

I am just stating the fact: Authors should not have to think of or require workarounds.

That's not fact. That's your belief. A belief which have *zero* support in law or logic. Sorry. As long as you mix the facts and beliefs and feelings it's hard to discuss anything seriously.

FlyOrDie

Dec 14, 2010, 4:09:07 AM12/14/10
to Chromium Apps
Accidentally, we created a duplicate of one of our apps (by pressing
the wrong button). Now, that junk app sits on the _first_ page of the
Developer Dashboard. Never has been published and never will be - at
least, intentionally. But once again, we can accidentally push
'Publish'.
_Every_ time we open the Developer Dashboard we go through this
process: we spot the junk app, we recall it is not a real app, we
recall not to publish it, we recall how to find the real app (another
page) - this process takes a lot of time and thinking in _total_ (over
time). That's too much of a punishment for a small mistake. This might
be also the case when someone creates tutorial apps.

So, yes, delete app IS a required feature, no matter if it just makes
it unvisible/"zombie". This is a usability feature _for developers_.

PhistucK

Dec 14, 2010, 4:37:18 AM12/14/10
to FlyOrDie, Chromium Apps
In this specific case -
- You can convert it into a new app (when you want to create one).
- You can upload a new manifest with a different name to that entry, in order to differentiate it more easily.

(I am not saying it is not a pain, I am just stating the ways to overcome\improve the situation a little.)

PhistucK

Gregor Hochmuth

Dec 14, 2010, 8:26:46 PM12/14/10
to PhistucK, FlyOrDie, Chromium Apps
Hi folks,

We're definitely aware of this limitation and we'll address it in an upcoming release of the store. The reason we had to disable "deleting" an app for now is that there are ramifications and edge cases related to paid apps, with effects that reach deep into other systems. Couldn't we just allow "hiding" an app? Yes, and we'll enable soon - but the previous implementation of "delete" wouldn't have worked at this point.

Our apologies for the inconvenience and clutter in the meantime,
Greg.

Gregor Hochmuth ··· Product Manager, Chrome Web Store ··· Google

FlyOrDie

Dec 23, 2010, 5:09:14 AM12/23/10
to Chromium Apps
On Dec 14, 10:37 am, PhistucK <phist...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In this specific case -
> - You can convert it into a new app (when you want to create one).

Yes, we have converted it into another app.

> - You can upload a new manifest with a different name to that entry, in
> order to differentiate it more easily.

Tried, but did not work: title remained the same and below that, there
was a small/grayed out text telling the edit title was something else.

PhistucK

Dec 23, 2010, 5:15:18 AM12/23/10
to FlyOrDie, Chromium Apps
See my comments inline.

PhistucK

I think you have to publish it first, even for a second.

PhistucK

Jan 13, 2011, 5:12:27 AM1/13/11
to FlyOrDie, krtu...@gmail.com, gev...@gmail.com, cale...@gmail.com, kh...@chromium.org, Chromium Apps
Has everyone noticed the (new?) "Delete" button?

PhistucK

richtaur

Jan 13, 2011, 4:57:25 PM1/13/11
to Chromium Apps
Nope :/ I don't see a "Delete" button on my dashboard or on any app's
edit page.
Maybe you're in a new bucket or something.

On Jan 13, 2:12 am, PhistucK <phist...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Has everyone noticed the (new?) "Delete" button?
>
> ☆*PhistucK*

Stephen Ou

Jan 13, 2011, 8:06:51 PM1/13/11
to Chromium Apps
I found a cxDeleteItem() function when I viewed source. But apparently
there weren't any link/button that calls that function yet. Maybe you
can manually add a link with Developer Tools. :)

view-source:https://chrome.google.com/webstore/developer/dashboard

Eugene Lazutkin

Mar 9, 2011, 1:24:06 PM3/9/11
to Chromium Apps
Now, several months later --- how to remove unpublished draft from my
dashboard?

I started to publish an app, and it turned out I needed some other
things (webmasters, analytics), so I decided to publish the app from
the company account, rather than my personal account. It worked
splendidly. But now I have a draft in my dashboard. I cannot publish
it because my personal account doesn't own proper urls. I cannot
delete it --- I tried to "discard draft" on the "edit" screen, but all
it does is "Reverted to previous version", which is exactly the same
as it was before.

How to remove the unsuccessful draft from my dashboard (never
published), or am I to live with such undead skeletons in my closet?

Cheers,

Eugene

PhistucK

Mar 9, 2011, 3:59:40 PM3/9/11
to Eugene Lazutkin, Chromium Apps
Mmm... next to my unpublished entry (I published it for a few days and then unpublished it) I see these buttons -
Publish | Delete | Edit

Do you not see a "Delete" link in the dashboard?
PhistucK

Brandon Thomson

Mar 9, 2011, 5:19:28 PM3/9/11
to Chromium Apps
I have the same problem... Mine looks like:
OAuth setup | Publish | Edit

There is no Delete...
--
Brandon Thomson
www.bthomson.com

Eugene Lazutkin

Mar 9, 2011, 5:26:25 PM3/9/11
to PhistucK, Chromium Apps

No. Just "edit" and "publish".

Arne Roomann-Kurrik

Mar 9, 2011, 5:40:36 PM3/9/11
to Eugene Lazutkin, PhistucK, Chromium Apps
Yeah, right now you can only delete extensions, not apps.  So you'll need to live with those skeletons a bit longer, unfortunately :(

~Arne

Daniel Crossley

Jul 3, 2012, 9:59:34 PM7/3/12
to chromi...@chromium.org
Hi,

I am still plagued with 2 duplicate apps (both of which are exactly the same, not sure how I managed that one) just sitting in my dashboard. They were created for a friend who has a website on moonfruit (a hosting service). little did I know that because it ends in .moonfruit.com, I would need to own moonfruit itself. I don't. I have tried the cxDeleteItem('') script in the console, which returned "An error has occured, your error has been reported to Google", which I believe is due to the duplicate items of the same name, it has no idea which one to delete. Any help would be appreciated, or better still, a delete button (either will do!)

Thanks in anticipation
Dan

Daniel Crossley

Jul 4, 2012, 6:26:58 AM7/4/12
to chromi...@chromium.org
Ok..... I was being a little silly.
I mistook the ItemID for the name. That's where I was going wrong.

For future reference, to delete an item you must:

1: Go to the Developer Dashboard
2: Open the JS Console (Wrench Menu > Tools)
3: Under the 'Console' tab, type "cxDeleteItem('ItemID')
4: Press Enter, then Confirm in the popup window.

You can find the Item ID by looking at the URL, for example if https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/fkpcfekghemjkdgnodkinnfbookfaapf?hl=en&gl=GB is the URL, fkpcfekghemjkdgnodkinnfbookfaapf would be the Item ID.

Hope this helps anyone else who is stuck in the same predicament.

Chii Chobbit

Jul 25, 2012, 1:01:53 PM7/25/12
to chromi...@chromium.org, PhistucK, FlyOrDie, ghoc...@chromium.org
twas two years since this post and i still cant delete my app!

Chii Chobbit

Jul 25, 2012, 1:05:56 PM7/25/12
to chromi...@chromium.org
hell yeah! Thanks for this workaround!
I wonder why google is so google this days

Igor Moiseev

Nov 21, 2012, 6:43:32 PM11/21/12
to chromi...@chromium.org
Thank you Daniel!

Alejandro Graffe

Sep 11, 2013, 4:39:22 PM9/11/13
to chromi...@chromium.org
This doesn't work for me. It says that there has been an error, that google has been informed about the situation. The draft is still there.

Alejandro Graffe
Message has been deleted

Scott Fujan

May 31, 2014, 12:57:23 PM5/31/14
to Paul Snyder, Chromium Apps, gev...@gmail.com
Update the name of the app that you no longer care about to "This isn't the app you're looking for"

Really, it makes sense to not allow deletion, but it would be nice if there was a way to hide items that are no longer used.

On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 11:17 AM, Paul Snyder <snyd...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes, this is messing me up.  It seems I had to create an item with my developer account before I could create a group.  Now I want the item to be managed by the group, not the developer account.  I fear that someone will mistakenly publish the one managed by the developer account, so I want to remove it, but how?  Using Daniel's workaround fails with a 403 showing in the console.  Any suggestions?

On Wednesday, December 8, 2010 6:57:36 AM UTC-8, Gevik wrote:
How do I delete an app from my Chrome Web Store Developer Dashbord?

Message has been deleted

Cicada

Jul 11, 2014, 4:55:01 PM7/11/14
to chromi...@chromium.org, gev...@gmail.com
Agree. We cannot understand why Google's ear has always defects and get difficulty in listening customers/partners' requirements even for so many years.
Doesn't Google understand that users are often use a product in users' philosophy instead of Google's philosophy?
Google's nose become bigger and bigger and worse than Microsoft, who is willing to listen and make correction at least . The worst thing is: There is actually the malfunction Discard button, but Google still give an excuse than this function is unnecessary.

Tapash Majumder

Jul 10, 2015, 7:47:07 PM7/10/15
to chromi...@chromium.org, gev...@gmail.com
Wow I simply can't believe they refuse to provide such basic, common-sense and needed functionality.

Now I have two versions of the same app sitting and I can't remove one.

Really really pathetic! Clearly someone doesn't care or does not understand.

Andrew St Clair

Jul 13, 2015, 11:20:13 PM7/13/15
to chromi...@chromium.org, gev...@gmail.com
OK, how about this for a reason to be able to delete extensions:
I am limited to 20 extensions and have met this limit, this now means that I cannot upload any more extensions to the store without further issue. I have about 5 extensions of which have never been published and I don't intend on publishing.

PhistucK

Jul 14, 2015, 12:30:59 AM7/14/15
to Andrew St Clair, Chromium Apps, Gevik Babakhani
Use the support link and ask to be able to upload more extensions.

PhistucK

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 6:20 AM, Andrew St Clair <funkybu...@gmail.com> wrote:
OK, how about this for a reason to be able to delete extensions:
I am limited to 20 extensions and have met this limit, this now means that I cannot upload any more extensions to the store without further issue. I have about 5 extensions of which have never been published and I don't intend on publishing.

lj sites

Aug 26, 2015, 12:54:13 AM8/26/15
to Chromium Apps
this workaround seems to work, but it gives me an error.
google really should address this crap.
kudos to the one who dug through the code to find this out.

cxDeleteItem('agkcflbdsfpgjbbfolebigifihdkaecl')
undefined

Petko Georgiev

Aug 29, 2015, 4:48:58 AM8/29/15
to Chromium Apps, gev...@gmail.com
If we can't delete extensions, at least allow us to hide them. It is really annoying to have some testing extensions lingering around!

Nathan McKaskle

Sep 10, 2015, 12:21:26 PM9/10/15
to Chromium Apps, gev...@gmail.com
I agree with everyone here, this is ridiculous and annoying that I can't delete my app from the dashboard. I mistakenly uploaded the same app twice and now I can't delete the unpublished one. This should be added simply for the fact that it's annoying and confusing and I'd rather not confuse other people on my team either. It's also good to delete because we have the right to pull our code off the cloud if we want. There are so many reasons but we shouldn't even have to justify it. It's just common sense.

Mathieu Stephan

Oct 26, 2015, 7:24:57 PM10/26/15
to Chromium Apps, gev...@gmail.com
Another person joining the "please allow us to delete apps" group.

qedisk

Jan 27, 2016, 7:06:36 AM1/27/16
to Chromium-Apps-Announce, gev...@gmail.com
I expected that it won't be possible to delete extensions from the beginning (just intuition), so I named my extension properly before first upload. Maybe the "delete functionality" should be accessible at least on email request from the developer. Maybe there shouldn't be a button, but the possibility to remove unpublished extension that always bug developer when he logs in into the dashboard should be here somehow.

Aditya Bhaskar

Jan 27, 2016, 9:32:25 AM1/27/16
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
Just wondering - couldn't you just upload a new version named, say, "deleted extension - do no use", and remove all the code from minimum required files.

Leave an empty shell with a warning in the name.

I agree deleting would be a better option, but this seems a decent workaround.

Cheers

Adi

~ A prototype is worth a thousand meetings ~

Mb: 07825510177
Tw: @adityabhaskar
Wb: c306.net

Lukáš Mojžiš

Jan 27, 2016, 9:45:12 AM1/27/16
to Aditya Bhaskar, Chromium-Apps-Announce
I just accidentaly started to read this thread, I'm not professional extension developer. However, it must be terrible to always see your dead extension in the developer dash. Something like a mummy or so. It has no other reason to be useful except visual. But that might be changed with TamperMonkey script, for those who are actively developing extensions.

OC

Feb 27, 2016, 4:58:01 PM2/27/16
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
Still no progress in six years for something so basic.

Major disappointment.

Matt Cook

Feb 29, 2016, 12:15:42 PM2/29/16
to Chromium-Apps-Announce, phis...@gmail.com, chrome-w...@flyordie.com, ghoc...@chromium.org
Any progress on this? It's also a big potential problem not being able to assign multiple or organization owners. We develop our application as a company and tying the app to a single developer account is very undesirable.

Paul Canning

Mar 1, 2016, 4:20:27 AM3/1/16
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
I find hilarious that people argued that being able to delete an app was "a privilege" and non-essential.

Did they all forget that you can only have 20 apps on your account?

With a limit in place, of course you need a delete function!

Hoping this gets fixed ASAP.

PhistucK

Mar 1, 2016, 4:27:12 AM3/1/16
to Paul Canning, Chromium-Apps-Announce
I thought the limit is 20 published items. Am I wrong?

PhistucK

PhistucK

Mar 1, 2016, 4:28:05 AM3/1/16
to Paul Canning, Chromium-Apps-Announce
Also, if you want to increase the limit, use the web store support form that someone mentioned recently.

PhistucK

Steven Sanborn

Jul 18, 2016, 11:40:08 AM7/18/16
to Chromium-Apps-Announce, gev...@gmail.com
+1 on needing this

JB

Aug 15, 2016, 2:34:27 AM8/15/16
to Chromium-Apps-Announce, gev...@gmail.com
Maybe it is the case that adding a delete "feature" takes longer than developing the Apps Script platform itself, however, if it would be acceptable to the Developers, maybe we can possibly explicitly warn the user that publishing an application is the web equivalent of getting a tattoo -- you can try to cover it up with stuff that screams, "look away", but it's often better to avoid the initial insult.

jaco botha

Mar 6, 2017, 7:18:24 PM3/6/17
to Chromium-Apps-Announce, gev...@gmail.com
Any progress on this feature or has it just bees thrown under the rug in the last 6 year?

李家豪

May 19, 2017, 11:59:58 PM5/19/17
to Chromium-Apps-Announce, gev...@gmail.com
在 2010年12月8日星期三 UTC+8下午10:57:36,Gevik写道:
> How do I delete an app from my Chrome Web Store Developer Dashbord?

Same with the need here.

Firstly it is terrible to see dead apps lying on dashboard. Secondly there is a limit of the max number of apps. Finally if update with a terrible manifest is a considered solution, why not give a button here to solve the case.

By the way...I had a really BAD experience as a Chrome Web Store developer. Removal emails with nothing but "Please comply the policy" were flood to my mail-box, and I felt like talking to a bot when I reply to these guys. They kept repeating the words but never tell me what's actually wrong with my app. Obviously I gave only one star in the poll however I don't think Google will see this. And definitely I see no use discussing this topic here because Google don't care about developers' at all.

Misc Mailer

May 29, 2017, 2:32:45 AM5/29/17
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
Please star it here

as feature request.

PhistucK

May 29, 2017, 2:56:07 AM5/29/17
to Misc Mailer, Chromium-Apps-Announce
That issue was created in the wrong issue tracker. First, it is about Apps Script and not about the Chrome Web Store. Second, crbug.com is the place for Chrome Web Store issues.

PhistucK

night.wat...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2017, 4:15:03 AM12/8/17
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
Now I can not install my extension to chrome until I pay 5$ for developer account and then if they like it will approve extension, all users receive "Extension file is corrupted"
Scam was, scam will be, scam will stay until fire destroy the scam manipulators.
Google fuck of, you do not own the internet. Scam down!!!

Alex

Feb 7, 2018, 1:20:05 AM2/7/18
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
Hahaha, 8 years, guys, 8 years.
Google so google.
Message has been deleted

毛安然

May 6, 2018, 3:01:16 AM5/6/18
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
I think I'm starting to understand why google cloud failed but AWS succeed.
Message has been deleted

Shiva Angappan

Sep 26, 2018, 4:13:26 PM9/26/18
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
his is unbelievable.  after 8 years a request was raised,  we still can not delete an app in draft that i uploaded by mistake.

Google this is a simple feature addition to improve the usability of developer dashboard.  PLEASE look into this and not wait for another 8 years. :)

mic...@rtech.software

Dec 13, 2018, 3:30:52 PM12/13/18
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
If you use the new dashboard you can now archive your apps, FINALLY!!.

Click on the App, Click More -> Archive!