Updated extension description = developer account suspended

Michael

Mar 26, 2015, 10:19:56 AM3/26/15
to chromi...@chromium.org
I've been working on an official extension ( id = ecnlpbkkcihngfehdimchlekdclbofjb ) for my company, using a account (not this one) thats linked to official site via Webmaster Tools etc.

Every update I've made has been flagged as "malicious" and required manual review.

The most recent update changed three things (a) manifest description & version number, and (b) compressed an image, and (c) web-store details and public status

As a result, the extension has been pulled and the developer account suspended.

The entire source code for the extension is here:

I'm sure this will ultimately be resolved, but I'm writing this to voice my concern to Google that this is a very very frustrating and broken process. You invest such money and time in fostering developer goodwill, and then you throw it all away with short-sighted and arbitrary process like this.

I'm not sure why we bother.

Reilly Grant

Mar 26, 2015, 5:14:30 PM3/26/15
to Michael, chromi...@chromium.org
I am sorry this has been such a frustrating experience. I've found developers get a faster response to issues with the review process by submitting this developer support form than posting to this list:

Carl Benoit

Mar 26, 2015, 5:51:09 PM3/26/15
to Reilly Grant, Michael, chromi...@chromium.org
Google