Disable call-out menu on text selection

Sumanta Mishra

Mar 21, 2017, 2:08:00 AM3/21/17
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
Hi All,

We are facing a problem related to text selection in Chrome Apps. We need to show a custom popup on text selection in ChromeApps in Chromebook touch devices. But when user selects text on a page, CB touch devices pops up its default context menu with Copy and other options. Is there any option to disable the default context menu on text selection in CB touch devices?

-sumant

PhistucK

Mar 21, 2017, 2:52:32 AM3/21/17
to Sumanta Mishra, Chromium-Apps-Announce
Does the contextmenu event fire by any chance when this menu shows up?

PhistucK

Sumanta Mishra

Mar 22, 2017, 2:17:30 AM3/22/17
to PhistucK, Chromium-Apps-Announce
Hi, I tried to add preventDefault to contextmenu event handler. This works only for the context menu appears on right click. Does not work for the menu appears on selecting a range of text.

Regards,
Sumant

PhistucK

Mar 22, 2017, 6:58:33 AM3/22/17
to Sumanta Mishra, Chromium-Apps-Announce
This might be the nonstandard answer :( -
I am not sure this is supported, though. Give it a go.

PhistucK

Sumanta Mishra

Mar 22, 2017, 9:39:39 AM3/22/17
to PhistucK, Chromium-Apps-Announce
This works for Safari only.

PhistucK

Mar 22, 2017, 9:57:11 AM3/22/17
to Sumanta Mishra, Chromium-Apps-Announce
Interesting. Then I guess there is no way to hide it at the moment.
You can search crbug.com for an existing issue and star it. If you cannot find one, file a new issue using the "New issue" link on the same page.
Please, do not add a "+1" or "Me too" or "Confirmed" (or similar) comment. It just wastes the time of Chrome engineers and sends unnecessary e-mails to all of the people who starred the issue.

You can reply with a link to the found or created issue and might get triaged (and fixed) faster.

Thank you.

PhistucK

Ujjwal Tyagi

Mar 24, 2017, 8:37:22 AM3/24/17