Is there a way to include ads in packaged apps?

Zach Nagengast

Dec 17, 2013, 7:09:25 PM12/17/13
to chromi...@chromium.org
Just released a free app and was disappointed by the monetization options. Is google planning on doing anything here with admob or adsense? I read somewhere about an <adview> tag but nothing has come out of that yet as far as I know.

Michael Sacca

Dec 17, 2013, 7:10:38 PM12/17/13
to Zach Nagengast, chromi...@chromium.org
We use Buy Sell Ads Publisher Pro http://pro.buysellads.com/publishers

Michael Sacca
Co-Founder / Creative Director
  at Tiny Factory
O: 619 866 4543 | twitter: @michaelsacca
tinyfactory.co

On Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 4:09 PM, Zach Nagengast wrote:

Just released a free app and was disappointed by the monetization options. Is google planning on doing anything here with admob or adsense? I read somewhere about an <adview> tag but nothing has come out of that yet as far as I know.

Elvie

Jun 12, 2014, 2:05:47 PM6/12/14
to chromi...@chromium.org
Hey Zach,

If you're still looking for a way to monetize your app, I recommend you check out FairShare. FairShare offers a monetization solution for your browser extensions and apps that complies with Chrome’s web store policies. The publisher platform connects developers with premium advertisers, so that you can monetize your web properties with ads that integrate seamlessly into your user’s natural browsing experience.

You can check out the overview and how it works on our website but in a nutshell:

  1. You drive users to co-install the single-purpose advertising FairShare extension

  2. You’ll earn revenue based on the advertisements the user sees and engages with

You can motivate users to install Fairshare based on goodwill, or you incent them by content-locking some of your premium content or features so that they can only be accessed by users that have Fairshare installed.

Check out our site and let me know what you think!  We’re looking for feedback on how we can make our offerings better for users and developers / publishers.

Best,

Elvie

Message has been deleted

cody...@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2014, 2:39:50 PM6/12/14
to chromi...@chromium.org
https://plus.google.com/+FrancoisBeaufort/posts/hqHFwvZhbDS

Not yet.

On Tuesday, December 17, 2013 7:09:25 PM UTC-5, Zach Nagengast wrote:
...read somewhere about an <adview> tag but nothing has come out of that yet as far as I know.

Alejandro Pedraza

Jun 12, 2014, 5:01:52 PM6/12/14
to chromi...@chromium.org
The only way to advertise in chrome packaged apps still is by managing yourself your ad backend and directly contacting advertisers. Ad networks require running dynamically downloaded javascript, which doesn't work, not even in webview elements nor sandboxed content, for various reasons.
FairShare's model require you to ask your users to install an extension to receive ads. I wonder how many people in their right mind are willing to do that.

--Alejandro

Nadia Geerling-Maghri

Nov 15, 2016, 7:06:29 AM11/15/16
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
If you're still looking for monetization solutions, check natomx.com or ping me on Skype: nmaghri