Chrome App Limitations

Joe Garza

Feb 19, 2015, 2:09:04 PM2/19/15
to chromi...@chromium.org
We're looking to have someone create a Chrome app for us.  The purpose of the app is to receive date, convert the request to an IP command, and send a data command to a hardware device residing locally.  The device will also provide a response based on the outcome and the app will close.  Very straight forward and simple.

When the app receives the data, it communicates back to our server and allows us to compile the send command to the device.  Looking at the functionality and complexity of apps, this shouldn't be a problem?

λ Ken Rockot

Feb 19, 2015, 2:13:45 PM2/19/15
to Joe Garza, Chromium Apps
Chrome Apps do support network communication -- you can just use XHRs, or TCP sockets --  as well as pluggable device communication -- see the HID and USB APIs.