Chrome Web Store API: have a trouble to publish a brand new chrome ext

Anton Gelenava

Aug 24, 2016, 4:26:39 PM8/24/16
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
Hi!

Here is my use case:
I want to publish a new chrome extension. I saw https://developer.chrome.com/webstore/using_webstore_api and I'm trying to do the following steps

I got this error on the second step

{"error":{"errors":[{"domain":"global","reason":"badRequest","message":"Publish condition not met: Please select a Primary Category for your item."}],"code":400,"message":"Publish condition not met: Please select a Primary Category for your item."}}

Yes, I saw "Currently, there is no API for setting an item’s metadata, such as description. This has to be done manually" in the docs.

My question is: is there a way to publish a new ext on chrome store programmatically without any manual changes ?

If no, what's the point of this API ?

Thanks in advance.
Anton.

Nedeljko Milinkovic

Oct 18, 2016, 4:51:55 AM10/18/16
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
Not (yet) really. Even if there was a way, you'd have to go out of your way to find the documentation for it.

For some reason, Google decided it's not necessary to update documentation for this API.

Even the existing documentation is incorrect. Status messages, request, and response formats differ from those in the documentation. So I would recommend you to upload and publish your extensions manually, trough the Console.

PhistucK

Oct 18, 2016, 7:17:18 AM10/18/16
to Nedeljko Milinkovic, Chromium-Apps-Announce
I guess it is mainly for testing your extension and the workflow.

PhistucK