Low energy bluetooth and discoverability

Abe Music

Apr 22, 2014, 1:52:42 PM4/22/14
to chromi...@chromium.org
Hi all,

I have the RedBear BLE Shield for Arduino and I'm running OS X 10.9 with a cheap Targus Bluetooth 4.0 adapter. I'm attempting to discover and connect to the shield via the chrome.bluetooth APIs, but not having much luck. I've ruled out the adapter and OS because I can discover the BLE Shield using both Bluetooth Explorer (from Xcode's Hardware IO Tools package) and Noble. Discovering non-LE devices using Chrome works fine.

So, I guess my question is are Bluetooth Smart/LE peripheral devices supported in the latest Canary or dev build of Chrome? If so, is there anything special I need to be doing to find and connect to my devices. Any help would be greatly appreicated.

Thanks!

-- Abe

Peter Gasston

Jun 3, 2014, 2:27:20 PM6/3/14
to chromi...@chromium.org
I’m also having trouble finding Bluetooth LE devices. Running Macbook Pro with Bluetooth 4.0, can detect other Bluetooth devices with no problem, but iBeacon can’t be discovered, although an Android app I use has no problems.

I presume it should show up as a result from  chrome.bluetooth.startDiscovery(), as there doesn’t appear to be an equivalent discovery service for Bluetooth LE.