How to get featured in the Chrome Web Store.

blynn

Dec 21, 2010, 1:10:53 PM12/21/10
to Chromium Apps
My app called "Chrome Editor" it has 66 users and is one of the most
successful apps on the Chrome Web Store.

I didn't get any exposure from Google advertising my app to my
knowledge.

"Chrome Editor"
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ngadjlkanemfdefcmofmkdccfkeacpgb?hl=en-US

Shouldn't my app be on the Top Paid page as well as featured in
Utilities section of the site.

I don't know why Todo.ly seems to show up everywhere and I get no
exposure.

How are web apps chosen to be featured is my question, and how can I
improve the visibility of my app on the Chrome Web Store.

Jason Purdy

Dec 21, 2010, 2:10:05 PM12/21/10
to blynn, Chromium Apps
It was mentioned before that it helps to upload Promotional Images for the app - have you done that?

Gregor Hochmuth

Dec 22, 2010, 2:18:00 PM12/22/10
to Jason Purdy, blynn, Chromium Apps
We'll be sharing more details in the new year on what it takes to become a featured app. The store takes into several signals and we also look for high-quality promotional images and user experiences. Stay tuned for more details!

-Greg

Gregor Hochmuth ··· Product Manager, Chrome Web Store ··· Google

mic...@joistapp.com

Mar 4, 2013, 1:28:45 PM3/4/13
to chromi...@chromium.org, Jason Purdy, blynn, ghoc...@chromium.org
Hi Gregor, just came across this post and was wondering if there are any updates?  Would love to get our app featured for a few days!
Message has been deleted

NodeFire

Mar 16, 2013, 7:20:02 PM3/16/13
to chromi...@chromium.org, Jason Purdy, blynn, ghoc...@chromium.org
Hi Greg,

I have an app here in the Chrome store...

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/nodefire-html5-css3-trans/lhkiefejkflopfbagflkahaakmfjjdbd

Originally my promotional images were not very good. I have since updated all of them and was hoping for a second look for possible featured status.  This app outperforms my other app in the same category which is featured.  The ratings on the software, user count, etc... seem to outperform my other app as well as some other users featured apps which is why I was thinking the promotional image update might help.

No pressure, I know there is a system for featuring these things, and I understand if it does not yet meet those guidelines.

Thanks,

-Jesse

Omnray

Mar 18, 2013, 8:24:18 AM3/18/13
to chromi...@chromium.org, Jason Purdy, blynn, ghoc...@chromium.org
Amazing work!

If anything worth to feature in dev category than this for sure must be above everything else.

Can i ask how long it was take to write all of this and the size of the dev team?

Declaimer: I am actually did not use this tool, just install and my jaw is drooped : )

NodeFire

Mar 18, 2013, 12:13:22 PM3/18/13
to chromi...@chromium.org, Jason Purdy, blynn, ghoc...@chromium.org
Hi,

Thank you for the compliments on the software, the dev team is just me and I've been working on it for about a year now.

-Jesse

Omnray

Mar 19, 2013, 8:53:45 AM3/19/13
to chromi...@chromium.org, Jason Purdy, blynn, ghoc...@chromium.org
Thanks for you response.
You rock - this work is a real achievement.
The program is awesome. Hope you somehow manage to return the time you spent on it (with a big profit : ).

But i feel that unlikely it is possible to be featured in Chrome Web Store even with such a work. Seems this feature reserved for somebody who can pay for it real money.
And it is okay.
The bad thing is that it is completely nontransparent of how to do so (nor how much it is cost, but it is the second problem), so in additional to money you also need a right connections.

Best.

Joe Marini

Mar 19, 2013, 12:19:58 PM3/19/13
to Omnray, Chromium Apps, Jason Purdy, blynn, ghoc...@chromium.org
No, we don't charge people for being featured in the store. It's a very meritocratic process.

We recently lost a couple of staffers who were responsible for rotating the featured apps and extensions, which is why things have slowed down a little, but we are still very much interested in making sure that we highlight great apps and extensions.

I'll see if I can find some time this week to update our featured items and will include yours in the review. No promises, of course - I'm getting ready for GDC and I/O, so this is something I'll have to find time for.

Joe Marini
Developer Advocate / Chrome

Ram Kumar

Mar 21, 2013, 8:56:53 AM3/21/13
to chromi...@chromium.org, Jason Purdy, blynn, ghoc...@chromium.org
Node-fire is just amazing.
Its hard to understand the functionality Is there a tutorial for node-fire.

Darius Lahoutifard

Oct 24, 2013, 6:02:48 PM10/24/13
to chromi...@chromium.org
Hello Googlers @ Chrome Store.
My app got almost 5000 users, 130 likes, over 4 stars average all in less than 2 months.
I checked a few other featured apps and some of them are well below this performance.
Any chance to get featured?

Thanks in advance.
-Darius

Daisuke Sasaki

Nov 26, 2013, 9:13:55 AM11/26/13
to chromi...@chromium.org
Hi there,

It does not seem featured apps on Chrome Web Store have been updated for a while for Japan market. My app is the only accounting App in the market and surely adds value to Web Store if featured. And, my app has been within Top 10 for around 2 months already. It is odd that most of the apps featured in the accounting category do not support Japanese and that mine, the only one accounting app supporting Japanese, is not on there. Could you please review the store for ja market too? Is there ja speaking resources to do that?

Daisuke
2010年12月22日水曜日 3時10分53秒 UTC+9 blynn:

Kamal Kalra

Jul 12, 2014, 1:39:06 PM7/12/14
to chromi...@chromium.org, omn...@gmail.com, ja...@purdy.info, brya...@gmail.com, ghoc...@chromium.org
I know this is an old topic but curios how often the Google team reviews new submissions?  Is this an ad-hoc random event by Googlers when they have time or is there a dedicated team that looks after the app store and reviews apps.  This is my first time submitting an app to the Chrome app store so I'm not sure what to expect, but I'm used to the iTunes submission process where it's pretty clear that every app is reviewed (before being published) and that there is some sort of process, albeit a mysterious process. Anyway, wondering what the process at Google is.

Thanks.

Saul Fleischman

Sep 1, 2014, 12:17:27 AM9/1/14
to chromi...@chromium.org, omn...@gmail.com, ja...@purdy.info, brya...@gmail.com, ghoc...@chromium.org
Hi Joe (et al),

May I ask that someone look at the "RiteTag Twitter Hashtags Grader" Chrome Extension, and evaluate for featuring?  We are a bootstrapped startup, over 4,000 current users
of the extension, and the only service offering a proprietary hashtag grading system.  Without RiteTag, people have absolutely no
idea, other than an unqualified recommendation, with which to use one hashtag rather than another.  RiteTag analyzes tweet
density/hour, who is using a hashtag, how much it gets retweeted, etc., and lead users to better hashtags - in realtime, as they
and if we're worthy, feature us in the top page of the Chrome Start and also in Productivity, Social Networking, and of course,
for the 10,000,000+ hashtags already analyzed (and growing), and the robust actionable stats we provide on them, we certainly
think we deservce featuring in Business Tools (or the sub-category, Marketing & Analytics.

Any questions or if a walk-through would help, welcome to speak with the founder and product designer - sa...@ritetag.com

Thank you for your consideration.
Message has been deleted

Chris Benjaminsen

Apr 1, 2015, 6:56:46 PM4/1/15
to chromi...@chromium.org, ja...@purdy.info, brya...@gmail.com, ghoc...@chromium.org
Hey Greg,

I just spend a good 10 minutes looking for an official way to get an app featured.
While the official guideline seems to be that you are not accepting requests, you were hinting here that you would be sharing more details in the future.

Any news on that?

In that regard, I would be exiected to know how I can have my app, linked below, be featured, or even ranked higher in the chrome store.

- Chris

Wes Malychev

Sep 8, 2016, 10:01:26 PM9/8/16
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
Hey all,

Not sure if this topic is still active, but does anyone have any advice on how to get my extension featured in the Chrome web store (link below):

It was more reviews than other similar extensions, not sure what else needs to be done to get it featured.

-Wes

Joe Thomas

Sep 22, 2016, 4:24:06 AM9/22/16
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
Hey Wes!

What's up man? Came here with the same exact question, went to the Chrome Web Store home page and saw Visualping right up there in the same feature category we'd want Openvid in too!

Any pro tips?

Thanks,

Joe

Louis Kholodovsky

Nov 11, 2016, 12:42:53 PM11/11/16
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
Hello,

I have the same question - how does one get featured on the chrome web store. So far it seems like the only suggestion is to supply promotional images per this article. Are there are suggestions? And can that link be shared with non-google developers?

Ramaprasanna Chellamuthu

Jan 16, 2017, 11:07:29 PM1/16/17
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
I have the exact same question too folks :) .

Any new ideas / suggestions / strategy to make the app https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/xpressmail/pkbcipcglhljilljfgkgkkjeiedmnnfk featured?

Nick Timms

Nov 1, 2017, 4:42:03 PM11/1/17
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
Hey all, we (Drag) have been featured twice on the Chrome store. Previous to this, it was really frustrating as it's such an unknown. Sooooo I wrote a blog post on our learnings on how to get featured on Chrome store.

I really hope it helps all those awesome Chrome extensions you have :)

Nick Timms

Nov 1, 2017, 4:42:34 PM11/1/17
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
Hey all, we (Drag) have been featured twice on the Chrome store. Previous to this, it was really frustrating as it's such an unknown. Sooooo I wrote a blog post on our learnings on how to get featured on Chrome store.

I really hope it helps all those awesome Chrome extensions you have :)

Sharon Blatt Cohen

Jul 13, 2020, 8:47:57 AM7/13/20
to Chromium-Apps-Announce, Nick Timms
Thanks for the info Nick! Have you been featured since? Do you have any new tips?

Himanshu Ragtah

May 29, 2021, 6:22:04 PM5/29/21
to Chromium-Apps-Announce, Nick Timms
Hey Nick,

Do you know the new point of contact for chrome web store in order to get featured?

Thanks,