Version management with chrome app

ವಿಘ್ನರಾಜ ಹೆಗಡೆ

Aug 24, 2015, 10:26:59 AM8/24/15
to Chromium Apps

Hi,

We are developing an application and it is tightly coupled with server which customer purchase. So this application works in enterprise environment.
When we release version 1.0, lets consider we have about 10 customers those who are running with Client 1.0 and Server 1.0.
Now for release 2.0 i cannot upgrade published chrome app because it auto updates, so it will not work with server 1.0.
At the same time we dont like to have multiple versions of chrome app visible once user searches.

Do you have any options to manage this ?

L0ck for Plex

Aug 24, 2015, 10:40:24 AM8/24/15
to ವಿಘ್ನರಾಜ ಹೆಗಡೆ, Chromium Apps
All I can think of at the outset is that your 2.0 release needs to be able to check for server version and support both 1.0 (If server check returns 1.0) or 2.0.

Doing a check for server version can optionally prompt the 10 users using 1.0 to upgrade to server 2.0 whilst letting them continue to use 1.0.

Obviously your looking for a Google based solution, normally, if it were a deadline based release just sharing an option.

/iSh0w