YouTube video not displaying on Chrome Web Store

Antony Courtney

Mar 21, 2017, 3:56:58 PM3/21/17
to chromi...@chromium.org
Hello,

The screenshots for my youtube intro video for my tab manager extension, Tabli, are not displaying on the Tabli page in the Chrome Web Store:

The third image in the rotating carousel indicates that it is a "YouTube iframe", but is just a black rectangle -- no video.  This certainly used to work; I don't know when it stopped working.

I entered the URL of my video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRxOr2-urzg) in the "Link to a YouTube video (optional)" entry in the "Screenshots" section of the edit items page.  The video does show up a  thumbnail of screenshots of the edit page.

Is anyone else experiencing this?  Do I perhaps need a different URL format?

Thanks,

    -Antony Courtney

Ken Soh

Mar 31, 2017, 3:54:01 AM3/31/17
to Chromium-Apps-Announce, ant...@antonycourtney.com
Hi Antony, I'm also facing this issue with my extension. However, your video and mine works on Safari and Firefox browser. It just doesn't work on Chrome browser. Somehow!

PhistucK

Mar 31, 2017, 1:37:32 PM3/31/17
to Ken Soh, Chromium-Apps-Announce, ant...@antonycourtney.com
The video works for me in both of the cases.

PhistucK

Antony Courtney

Ken Soh

Mar 31, 2017, 2:06:48 PM3/31/17
to Antony Courtney, PhistucK, Chromium-Apps-Announce
Thanks Anthony. It's still happening for me. Not sure if I can attach screenshot here. I'm running Chrome (Version 56.0.2924.87 - 64-bit) for macOS. It shows the video snapshot for split second, before turning black. Hovering cursor on the black image says YouTube iframe.

I just hope and assume that it is just something wrong with my system and other users are not experiencing it. I'm not too worried because it is quite unimaginable such a 'bug' can hit Chrome browser while Safari and Firefox works.

Kind Regards,

On 1 April 2017 at 00:43, Antony Courtney <ant...@antonycourtney.com> wrote:
[...]

Antony Courtney

Mar 31, 2017, 2:18:11 PM3/31/17
to Ken Soh, Antony Courtney, PhistucK, Chromium-Apps-Announce
Hi Ken,

The symptoms you are seeing are exactly consistent with what was happening to me when I reported the issue.

I just tried your page and the embedded video works for me.

I don't know if it's a Chrome browser issue, but interestingly I have a slightly later version of Chrome than you:  Version 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit) (on macOS).

Ken Soh

Mar 31, 2017, 2:22:59 PM3/31/17
to Antony Courtney, PhistucK, Chromium-Apps-Announce
Thanks very much Antony for your tip and additional info. I force an update of my Chrome on macOS to your version and it now works for me as well! =)

dror Yaffe

Apr 1, 2017, 5:02:06 PM4/1/17
to Ken Soh, Antony Courtney, PhistucK, Chromium-Apps-Announce
This issue is happening to me too.
Youtube video not appearing in my chrome extension listing page on the chromestore.

PhistucK

Apr 2, 2017, 2:10:59 AM4/2/17
to dror Yaffe, Ken Soh, Antony Courtney, Chromium-Apps-Announce
Works for me. If you watch the video in YouTube itself (not embedded in the web store) - does it play?

PhistucK

dror Yaffe

Apr 2, 2017, 2:17:31 AM4/2/17
to PhistucK, Ken Soh, Antony Courtney, Chromium-Apps-Announce
yes, of course. All I see is a black blank screen.
When opening same chrome store page but using safari the video works correctly .

PhistucK

Apr 2, 2017, 2:26:22 AM4/2/17
to dror Yaffe, Ken Soh, Antony Courtney, Chromium-Apps-Announce
I am not sure I understand.
"yes, of course" on one hand, and "All I see is a black blank screen" on the other hand.

Does it play correctly on YouTube itself?

PhistucK

Ken Soh | Tebel

Apr 2, 2017, 2:32:38 AM4/2/17
to PhistucK, dror Yaffe, Antony Courtney, Chromium-Apps-Announce
Hi Yaffe, adding on, have you tried forcing an update to Chrome? (going to About Chrome to manually initiate an update) I was facing this issue as well and following Antony's tip it now works for me. Now running Chrome - Version 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit) (on macOS)

Kind Regards,

dror Yaffe

Apr 2, 2017, 2:38:29 AM4/2/17
to PhistucK, Antony Courtney, Chromium-Apps-Announce, Ken Soh
It works correctly on YouTube
It doesn't work in the chrome store when using chrome

PhistucK

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/group/chromium-apps/.

PhistucK

Apr 2, 2017, 2:44:04 AM4/2/17
to dror Yaffe, Antony Courtney, Chromium-Apps-Announce, Ken Soh
And are you using the latest Chrome?

PhistucK

PhistucK

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/group/chromium-apps/.

dror Yaffe

Apr 2, 2017, 3:41:36 AM4/2/17
to PhistucK, Antony Courtney, Chromium-Apps-Announce, Ken Soh
I've upgraded to the latest version of chrome and this issue is now resolved.
Thanks.