use gmail credentials for packaged Chrome Book app login, but w/o PLUS, w/o equesting access to circles

Andrew Sinning

Apr 22, 2014, 12:28:16 PM4/22/14
to chromi...@chromium.org
We're creating a packaged app for Chrome Book which will be used by K-12 students.  We want to use single sign-on to authenticate users with their existing gmail account; however, we want to avoid using the Google+ sign-in or to request access to the users' "circles".

I've been pouring over all the examples on the developer center, but I don't see anything that just uses plain old gmail without requesting access to circles.

We'd like to use something similar to the diagram on this page:  https://developers.google.com/+/web/signin/server-side-flow

Thanks for any insight.

Ben Wells

Apr 22, 2014, 6:14:54 PM4/22/14
to Andrew Sinning, Michael Courage, Chromium Apps
+courage who might be able to help