chrome.syncFileSystem.onFileStatusChanged.addListener - not firing events.

Tom Lee

Apr 21, 2017, 5:01:01 PM4/21/17
to Chromium-Apps-Announce

Hi All,

My goal is to have a file on my google drive synched to all my apps on all my machines. I have the following file on my drive in a folder. For example:

myFolder/mySettings.json

I want all my chrome apps to get the file if the file does not exist locally, and get any changes that occur to that file. I can request the filesystem and get the folder successfully (chrome.syncFileSystem.getFileStatus returns a status of "synced" for the folder). I have set up an event listener (chrome.syncFileSystem.onFileStatusChanged.addListener), but I never get one event fired for the settings file. I have even tried modifying the file and saving it - but my Chrome App does not receive an event.

So my question is, how do I get the events to fire so that I can retrieve that file? I must be missing a step. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom