Adding video/audio tracks to html video element

Lukasz Jagielski

Jan 16, 2017, 7:15:58 AM1/16/17
to blin...@chromium.org, Michał Figlarowicz
Hi,
I would like to ask for some clarification regarding the param 'id' of WebMediaPlayerClient::addVideoTrack.
I'm getting a DCHECK in VideoTrackList::trackSelected if I create two video tracks with
the same id and try to change current video track during playback. So my question is if
this is required that id's if video/audio tracks are unique and this DCHECK is expected?
Spec here takes into account situations with multiple tracks with the same id:  https://html.spec.whatwg.org/#dom-videotracklist-gettrackbyid
Thanks,
Łukasz

Mounir Lamouri

Jan 16, 2017, 9:26:52 AM1/16/17
to Lukasz Jagielski, blin...@chromium.org, ser...@chromium.org, ava...@chromium.org, Michał Figlarowicz
+avayvod@ +servolk@ who might be familiar with this.

Sergey Volk

Jan 17, 2017, 2:55:40 PM1/17/17
to Mounir Lamouri, Lukasz Jagielski, blink-dev, ava...@chromium.org, Michał Figlarowicz
Hmm, the git blame for that DCHECK isn't really useful due to pointing to some blink reformat change, but I think it was there for a long time and looking at surrounding code it was most likely added by phi...@opera.com.
It looks like the spec indeed doesn't explicitly prohibit having media tracks with the same ids, but I'm not sure if it could be really useful anywhere. Chromium/Chrome media stack has a separate set of media track objects and we are currently using track ids to map blink tracks to Chromium media tracks. Perhaps the spec needs to be clarified?