Intent to Remove: overflowchanged Event

gnanas...@samsung.com

Mar 13, 2014, 1:46:19 AM3/13/14
to blin...@chromium.org
Summary
Remove support for the overflowchanged Event

Motivation

Usage information from UseCounter

Compatibility Risk
???

Row on feature dashboard?
No

Requesting approval to remove ?
Yes

Philip Jägenstedt

Mar 13, 2014, 4:14:39 AM3/13/14
to gnanas...@samsung.com, blink-dev
Since I added the counter I'm obviously happy to see this go, but the
usage is "only" around an order of magnitude below the threshold for
removal, so deprecating first seems wise. The next branch point is in
two weeks, so now is a good time to deprecate things.

This counter is in stable now [1] but it would be nice to see the
values from stable channel only, Desktop and Android. Can someone from
Google provide that data? A full dump [2] would be much appreciated,
since there are a bunch of new counters for non-standard features in
this release.

Philip

[1] http://src.chromium.org/viewvc/blink/branches/chromium/1750/Source/core/frame/UseCounter.h
[2] https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msg/blink-dev/ze27T2M682w/SM3hGfQpKnoJ

jro...@microsoft.com

Feb 19, 2015, 1:15:10 AM2/19/15
to blin...@chromium.org, gnanas...@samsung.com
This intent to remove looks untouched for quite some time. IE removed a similar event, onresize for individual elements, a good while back due to some of the reasons cited in the mails linked above about lack of interoperability and implementation-specific differences about when these events would necessarily fire.

Usage is below 0.0001% at this point. Time to remove?

Thanks,

Jacob

Chris Harrelson

Feb 22, 2015, 6:35:16 PM2/22/15
to jro...@microsoft.com, blin...@chromium.org, gnanas...@samsung.com
LGTM

Philip Jägenstedt

Feb 22, 2015, 9:54:03 PM2/22/15
to jro...@microsoft.com, blink-dev, gnanas...@samsung.com
For anyone who finds this via the list archives, a new Intent to Remove was sent:

Philip