Intent to Deprecate and Remove: Headers.prototype.getAll()

186 προβολές
Παράβλεψη και μετάβαση στο πρώτο μη αναγνωσμένο μήνυμα

Dong-Hee Na

μη αναγνωσμένη,
30 Μαρ 2017, 3:44:05 π.μ.30/3/17
ως blink-dev

Primary eng (and PM) emails

coro..@gmail.com,

tyos...@chormium.org

Summary

Deprecate and Remove the Headers.prototype.getAll().

This function is removed from the Fetch API specification.

Motivation

It has been removed from the Fetch API specification:

https://github.com/whatwg/fetch/commit/42464c

Compatibility Risk

Usage counter is indicating very low usage. (only zeros reported)

Usage information from UseCounter

https://www.chromestatus.com/metrics/feature/timeline/popularity/1724

Alternative implementation suggestion for web developers

After this CL is landed. Headers.get() function is doing almost same thing.

Requesting approval to remove too?

Yes

Dimitri Glazkov

μη αναγνωσμένη,
30 Μαρ 2017, 10:26:47 π.μ.30/3/17
ως Dong-Hee Na, blink-dev
LGTM1

Philip Jägenstedt

μη αναγνωσμένη,
30 Μαρ 2017, 10:32:50 π.μ.30/3/17
ως Dimitri Glazkov, Dong-Hee Na, blink-dev
LGTM2

Chris Harrelson

μη αναγνωσμένη,
30 Μαρ 2017, 12:26:55 μ.μ.30/3/17
ως Philip Jägenstedt, Dimitri Glazkov, Dong-Hee Na, blink-dev
LGTM3

LGTM2

Joe Medley

μη αναγνωσμένη,
30 Μαρ 2017, 5:56:35 μ.μ.30/3/17
ως Chris Harrelson, Philip Jägenstedt, Dimitri Glazkov, Dong-Hee Na, blink-dev
Is there a tracking bug? I need a way to follow this so I can write about it.

Joe Medley | Technical Writer, Chrome DevRel | jme...@google.com | 816-678-7195
If an API's not documented it doesn't exist.

Yutaka Hirano

μη αναγνωσμένη,
30 Μαρ 2017, 9:03:53 μ.μ.30/3/17
ως Joe Medley, Chris Harrelson, Philip Jägenstedt, Dimitri Glazkov, Dong-Hee Na, blink-dev

Joe Medley

μη αναγνωσμένη,
5 Απρ 2017, 11:54:53 π.μ.5/4/17
ως blink-dev
Dong-Hee Na,

I need a way to follow this. Do you have any kind of bug I can star?

On Thursday, March 30, 2017 at 12:44:05 AM UTC-7, Dong-Hee Na wrote:

Primary eng (and PM) emails

PhistucK

μη αναγνωσμένη,
5 Απρ 2017, 12:16:24 μ.μ.5/4/17
ως Joe Medley, blink-dev

PhistucK

--

PhistucK

μη αναγνωσμένη,
5 Απρ 2017, 12:17:36 μ.μ.5/4/17
ως Dong-Hee Na, blink-dev
Can you create a ChromeStatus entry?

Thank you!

PhistucK

--

Dong-Hee Na

μη αναγνωσμένη,
5 Απρ 2017, 1:41:54 μ.μ.5/4/17
ως PhistucK, blink-dev
PhistucK@

Thank you for letting me know that.
This is my first deprecating and removing API process.
Although I don't have @chromium.org account. Could I create a ChromeStatus entry by my hand?
If so, Can you leave a guide for me?(Some kinds of a manual link will help me!)

Thank you!
--
Men are nearly always willing to believe

what they wish.

--Julius Caesar--

PhistucK

μη αναγνωσμένη,
5 Απρ 2017, 1:47:31 μ.μ.5/4/17
ως Dong-Hee Na, blink-dev
I guess you cannot. :(

PhistucK

Dong-Hee Na

μη αναγνωσμένη,
5 Απρ 2017, 1:55:31 μ.μ.5/4/17
ως PhistucK, blink-dev
That's a sad story.
I think other owners who related to this issue could do that :)

Dong-Hee Na

μη αναγνωσμένη,
6 Απρ 2017, 3:04:31 π.μ.6/4/17
ως PhistucK, blink-dev
I requested 'edit' access for ChromeStatus.
If it is approved, I will proceed this features.

Dong-Hee Na

μη αναγνωσμένη,
12 Απρ 2017, 11:03:39 π.μ.12/4/17
ως blink-dev, PhistucK, : Chris Harrelson, Philip Jägenstedt, Dimitri Glazkov, Dong-Hee Na
For reviewers,

I think we can remove it directly without a deprecated period. because this API usage is only 0.0.
Also, the deprecated period can rather increase the API usage rate.

So I request this intent to change the title into Remove the Headers.prototype.getAll().

Philip Jägenstedt

μη αναγνωσμένη,
13 Απρ 2017, 1:00:32 π.μ.13/4/17
ως Dong-Hee Na, blink-dev, PhistucK, : Chris Harrelson, Dimitri Glazkov
The deprecation period wasn't discussed and you asked to remove, so no deprecation period for this SGTM.

https://www.chromestatus.com/metrics/feature/timeline/popularity/1724 was new in M57 and the other new counters in M57 have taken off while this remains at zero. Given how new it is, removing it quickly seems good.

PhistucK

PhistucK

PhistucK

μη αναγνωσμένη,
13 Απρ 2017, 6:38:42 π.μ.13/4/17
ως Dong-Hee Na, blink-dev, : Chris Harrelson, Dimitri Glazkov, Philip Jägenstedt
Did you manage to get edit access already? Can you create the ChromeStatus entry?

PhistucK

PhistucK

PhistucK

Dong-Hee Na

μη αναγνωσμένη,
13 Απρ 2017, 7:33:07 π.μ.13/4/17
ως PhistucK, Philip Jägenstedt, : Chris Harrelson, Dimitri Glazkov, blink-dev
Yes I got the permission so I am able to add this feature when this request is accepted.

2017. 4. 13. 오후 7:38에 "PhistucK" <phis...@gmail.com>님이 작성:

PhistucK

μη αναγνωσμένη,
13 Απρ 2017, 7:49:14 π.μ.13/4/17
ως Dong-Hee Na, Philip Jägenstedt, : Chris Harrelson, Dimitri Glazkov, blink-dev
The intent was approved already, you can create an entry, :)

PhistucK

Dong-Hee Na

μη αναγνωσμένη,
13 Απρ 2017, 11:04:29 π.μ.13/4/17
ως PhistucK, Philip Jägenstedt, : Chris Harrelson, Dimitri Glazkov, blink-dev
I added this feature on the Chrome Status.

Απάντηση σε όλους
Απάντηση στον συντάκτη
Προώθηση
0 νέα μηνύματα