LKGR vs Last Known "Fully Tested" Revision?

Roberto Perdisci

Oct 6, 2015, 11:46:58 AM10/6/15
to blink-dev
Is there a way to get a git clone of the last "fully tested" revision of Chromium?

According to the Chromium Glossary
  • LKGR: "Last known good revision", the last build that passed a minimal set of tests on the buildbots.
I was wondering if it is possible to identify a code revision that passed more than a "minimal set of tests" and that is known to work well (no known bugs, features that break, etc...) on say the top 25 most popular websites?

Thanks,

Roberto

PhistucK

Oct 6, 2015, 12:08:35 PM10/6/15
to Roberto Perdisci, blink-dev
That depends. If you want a version with all of the latest changes, this does not exist (it is an ever changing code base).
There are release branches (versions of the code that were "frozen" for release, except for specific bug fixes and other specific patches). Using a dev release branch is somewhat stable (and features many recent changes). Using a beta release branch is pretty stable (and does not include many recent changes). Using a stable release branch is the most stable one (and does not include recent changes at all).
To find a revision used for any release, go to omahaproxy.appspot.com and find it under "branch_commit", I believe.

PhistucK

Roberto Perdisci

Oct 6, 2015, 12:47:06 PM10/6/15
to blink-dev, roberto....@gmail.com
Thank you, PhistucK.
By following the link you posted and then searching for related terms I found the following doc, which is exactly what I needed: