Intent to Remove: ImageCapture.setOptions()

166 visualizzazioni
Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

nikhi...@gmail.com

da leggere,
9 ott 2017, 02:41:2709/10/17
a blink-dev

Primary eng (and PM) emails

nikhil...@samsung.com

Link to “Intent to Deprecate” thread

N/A

Summary

Remove ImageCapture.setOptions()

Motivation

W3C Spec removed this method in

https://github.com/w3c/mediacapture-image/pull/150/files#diff-ec9cfa5f3f35ec1f84feb2e59686c34dL54

and this is just a catch up.

Interoperability and Compatibility Risk

This method is not implemented in other browsers, so there are no compatibility issues.

Alternative implementation suggestion for web developers

N/A

Usage information from UseCounter

N/A

OWP launch tracking bug

N/A.

Entry on the feature dashboard

https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5552970657693696

Requesting approval to remove too?

 Yes, M64 is the milestone.

Chris Harrelson

da leggere,
9 ott 2017, 22:12:3809/10/17
a nikhi...@gmail.com, blink-dev
Hi,

Unfortunately, just because it is not implemented in other browsers does not mean there are no compatibility risks. There still may be web content which queries this method. To safely remove, you'll first have to collect statistics via UseCounter or otherwise about how often this is happening.

Thanks,
Chris

Philip Jägenstedt

da leggere,
13 ott 2017, 08:21:1013/10/17
a Chris Harrelson, nikhi...@gmail.com, blink-dev
A use counter was added in https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/8e858ba31cf1dd066a9a77ddb5b974e96061b0bf.

Seems to have been just hours after chrome/VERSION was bumbed to M63, I added the merge request label on the bug.

If the merge happens, we'll have to revisit this in late December.

Chris Harrelson

da leggere,
21 dic 2017, 13:17:0721/12/17
a Philip Jägenstedt, Nikhil sahni, blink-dev
Hi,

Do we have enough data from use counters now to inform this intent?

Chris Harrelson

da leggere,
22 dic 2017, 11:39:2922/12/17
a Nikhil sahni, Philip Jägenstedt, blink-dev
I checked inside the database, and it looks like setOptions is basically at 0 usage. This makes sense because the constructor for the class is also at an extremely low use-counter value.

LGTM1

On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 9:44 PM, Nikhil sahni <nikhi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Chris,
 I checked the status @ https://www.chromestatus.com/metrics/feature/timeline/popularity/2187 but its not giving any data . I am not too sure why this is not giving any data.
Thanks,
Nikhil

Nikhil sahni

da leggere,
22 dic 2017, 11:45:3822/12/17
a Chris Harrelson, Philip Jägenstedt, blink-dev

a blink-dev, nikhi...@gmail.com
Hi Chris,

 I checked the status @ https://www.chromestatus.com/metrics/feature/timeline/popularity/2187 but its not giving any data .
 I am not too sure why this is not giving any data.

Thanks,
Nikhil

Daniel Bratell

da leggere,
23 dic 2017, 04:02:3623/12/17
a Nikhil sahni, Chris Harrelson, Philip Jägenstedt, blink-dev
LGTM2

/Daniel

/* Opera Software, Linköping, Sweden: CET (UTC+1) */

Philip Jägenstedt

da leggere,
5 gen 2018, 07:13:2205/01/18
a Daniel Bratell, Nikhil sahni, Chris Harrelson, blink-dev
A belated LGTM3

Miguel Casas-Sanchez

da leggere,
15 gen 2018, 21:24:0115/01/18
a Philip Jägenstedt, Daniel Bratell, Nikhil sahni, Chris Harrelson, blink-dev
UMA to complement this discussion:

A belated LGTM3

/* Opera Software, Linköping, Sweden: CET (UTC+1) */

Rispondi a tutti
Rispondi all'autore
Inoltra
0 nuovi messaggi