Branched: M48 is here! (branch 2564)

Tina

Nov 18, 2015, 5:13:22 PM11/18/15
to Chromium-dev, blin...@chromium.org

Hey all,

We have branched for Chrome 48.  Please read through this entire email if you plan on making changes that you want in this release.

The Details:

  • Branch number: 2564

  • Branched Chromium at revision: 359700

  • Branched Clank (apps.git) at revision: d42021809e067aad979107cf9a2fd2a0f717df01

  • V8 Branch: 4.8

The Merge Process:

To get a change into Chrome 48, here’s what you need to do:

  1. Have your change checked into the trunk/master, and passed through either a Canary build or Dev channel release before asking for merge approval.

  2. Tag your bug with the correct labels: Merge-Request-48.  If you tag it wrong, we won't see it.

  3. Wait for your merge to be approved.  This will trigger an email or IM notification that your bug has been approved to land.

  4. Land your change using drover, cherry-pick, or by hand.

  5. Watch the continuous builders (links above) to ensure you have not caused any issues.

Please let me know if any questions or concerns.

Best,

Tina Zhou

PhistucK

Nov 19, 2015, 2:33:32 AM11/19/15
to Tina, Chromium-dev, blink-dev

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 12:13 AM, Tina <tin...@chromium.org> wrote:
Branched Clank (apps.git) at revision: d42021809e067aad979107cf9a2fd2a0f717df01

Can you clarify this?​ What is "apps.git" and where can I find it?

PhistucK

Jochen Eisinger

Nov 19, 2015, 2:39:34 AM11/19/15
to PhistucK, Tina, Chromium-dev, blink-dev
That's the closed source bits of Chrome on Android, and consequently you can't find it.

This shouldn't have gone into this mail, please ignore it.

PhistucK

Vincent Scheib

Nov 24, 2015, 7:24:26 PM11/24/15
to Tina, Chromium-dev, blink-dev