OOPIF Status, November 25, 2015

Charlie Reis

Nov 25, 2015, 7:10:18 PM11/25/15
to chromium-dev, blink-dev, site-isol...@chromium.org

Project Page: Out-of-process iframes (OOPIFs)

Status, November 25:

  • Recent updates:

    • We're starting to collect data in a synthetic field trial of --isolate-extensions, for those users who have the flag enabled manually.

    • We are preparing for a short Finch trial of --isolate-extensions on Canary.

    • We have added a UMA stat for the number of OOPIFs in practice.

    • There is now a RenderFrameHost::GetLastCommittedOrigin in content/public.

    • Extension background pages can now host OOPIFs.

    • Context menus in OOPIFs are now drawn at the correct position.

    • Several fixes for crashes, extension tests, process swaps during a navigation corner case, and fullscreen keyboard input.

    • More CLs have landed for transparent iframes and Save Page.

  • In progress work:

    • Session history and session restore.

    • Extension browser actions and tests.

    • Focus for OOPIFs.

    • Subframe process order in the task manager.

    • Input events (e.g., text selection).

    • Save Page as MHTML.

    • Transparent backgrounds for OOPIFs.

    • Splitting RenderViewHost and RenderWidgetHost.

Please send any questions to site-isol...@chromium.org!

Thanks,

Charlie Reis and the Site Isolation Team