Proposal: Creating a LayoutObject Tree API

Levi Weintraub

May 29, 2015, 3:05:03 PM5/29/15
to layou...@chromium.org
[bcc: blink-dev]

Hey Layout folks,

A few of us came up with a proposal [1] to wrap the LayoutObject tree in a set of APIs instead of the current behavior where all public methods are fair game. The ultimate goal is to have an API that's designed and enforced (no directly including LayoutObject type headers outside Layout code).

There's also a WIP patch [2] for the Line Layout API ojan@, esprehn@, cbiesinger@, ikilpatrick@, and I collaborated on (starting at BlinkON).

Hacking and feedback welcome.

Manuel Rego Casasnovas

Jun 1, 2015, 4:40:49 AM6/1/15
to layou...@chromium.org
Hi Levi,

On 29/05/15 21:04, Levi Weintraub wrote:
> A few of us came up with a proposal [1] to wrap the LayoutObject tree in a
> set of APIs instead of the current behavior where all public methods are
> fair game. The ultimate goal is to have an API that's designed and enforced
> (no directly including LayoutObject type headers outside Layout code).
> [...]
> [1]:
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qc5Ni-TfCyvTi6DWBQQ_S_MWJlViJ-ikMEr1FSL0hRc/edit

The document is not public, at least I cannot read it. Could you fix it?

Thanks,
Rego