PSA: introducing core/script

Hiroshige Hayashizaki

Dec 14, 2017, 10:10:16 PM12/14/17
to blink-dev, Takayoshi Kochi, Hayato Ito, Kouhei Ueno, Chromium Loading Performance, module-dev, Jeremy Roman
Hi,

I'm going to introduce a new directory core/script that contains script-related files in Blink, and
move files (mostly from core/dom) to core/script.

This effort is initiated by kochi@ to improve core/dom responsibility.
Quoting kochi@'s initial e-mail in loading-dev:

As a part of reorganizing core/dom files, we identified some of the files are more
related to script execution or ES6 modules rather than pure DOM implementation,
and we'd like to propose creating a "core/script" directory and move files there.

The merit of having the separate directory is a clear separation of responsibility
between dom and script execution, and the ownership of script related classes
will be clarified.

I'd like to move the files around the end of 2017.
To avoid rebasing pending CLs, I'll wait for CLs (including mine) that modify heavily the files to be moved, so please let me know if you have such CLs.

Design Doc:

Discussion at loading-dev:

List of files to be moved:
core/dom/ClassicPendingScript.cpp
core/dom/ClassicPendingScript.h
core/dom/ClassicScript.cpp
core/dom/ClassicScript.h
core/dom/DocumentModulatorImpl.cpp
core/dom/DocumentModulatorImpl.h
core/dom/DocumentWriteIntervention.cpp
core/dom/DocumentWriteIntervention.h
core/dom/DynamicModuleResolver.cpp
core/dom/DynamicModuleResolver.h
core/dom/DynamicModuleResolverTest.cpp
core/dom/IgnoreDestructiveWriteCountIncrementer.h
core/dom/MockScriptElementBase.h
core/dom/Modulator.cpp
core/dom/Modulator.h
core/dom/ModulatorImplBase.cpp
core/dom/ModulatorImplBase.h
core/dom/ModulatorTest.cpp
core/dom/ModuleImportMeta.h
core/dom/ModuleMap.cpp
core/dom/ModuleMap.h
core/dom/ModuleMapTest.cpp
core/dom/ModulePendingScript.cpp
core/dom/ModulePendingScript.h
core/dom/ModuleScript.cpp
core/dom/ModuleScript.h
core/dom/PendingScript.cpp
core/dom/PendingScript.h
core/dom/ScriptElementBase.cpp
core/dom/ScriptElementBase.h
core/dom/Script.h
core/dom/ScriptLoader.cpp
core/dom/ScriptLoader.h
core/dom/ScriptModuleResolver.h
core/dom/ScriptModuleResolverImpl.cpp
core/dom/ScriptModuleResolverImpl.h
core/dom/ScriptModuleResolverImplTest.cpp
core/dom/ScriptRunner.cpp
core/dom/ScriptRunner.h
core/dom/ScriptRunnerTest.cpp
core/dom/WorkletModulatorImpl.cpp
core/dom/WorkletModulatorImpl.h
core/dom/WorkerModulatorImpl.cpp
core/dom/WorkerModulatorImpl.h
core/html/parser/HTMLParserScriptRunner.h
core/html/parser/HTMLParserScriptRunner.cpp
core/html/parser/HTMLParserScriptRunnerHost.h
core/xml/parser/XMLParserScriptRunner.h
core/xml/parser/XMLParserScriptRunner.cpp
core/xml/parser/XMLParserScriptRunnerHost.h

Kouhei Ueno

Dec 14, 2017, 10:40:42 PM12/14/17
to Hiroshige Hayashizaki, blink-dev, Takayoshi Kochi, Hayato Ito, Chromium Loading Performance, module-dev, Jeremy Roman
sgtm. Thanks for driving this work!

kouhei