tag <video></video no chromium

ivon...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2018, 6:37:40 PM4/18/18
to blink-dev
Hello guys.

Can you tell if the html5 <video> tag works on Chromium? If not, what would be a better alternative so that I can set a page in html with background of a video? Would there be another solution for this to be displayed on Chromium?

Thank you.

Peter Nikolow

Apr 18, 2018, 8:17:03 PM4/18/18
to blink-dev
Yes it works.

PhistucK

Apr 19, 2018, 3:29:58 AM4/19/18
to Peter Nikolow, blink-dev
It works, with certain limitations, like no encrypted videos (Chromium does not come with Widevine out of the box) and most importantly, no non-free codecs, like H.264 videos and AAC audios.

PhistucK

François Beaufort 🇫🇷

Apr 19, 2018, 3:42:48 AM4/19/18
to PhistucK, Peter Nikolow, blink-dev
Note that non-free codecs can be enabled by adding these lines in "gn args" if you're allowed to.

proprietary_codecs=true
ffmpeg_branding="Chrome"

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 9:29 AM PhistucK <phis...@gmail.com> wrote:
It works, with certain limitations, like no encrypted videos (Chromium does not come with Widevine out of the box) and most importantly, no non-free codecs, like H.264 videos and AAC audios.

PhistucK
On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 2:31 AM, Peter Nikolow <bgdn...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes it works.