New async DOM effort / list

Chris Harrelson

Dec 19, 2017, 3:57:56 PM12/19/17
to blink-dev, asyn...@chromium.org
Hi,

A bunch of us recently held an informal meeting to review the “async DOM” problem space and re-start efforts to make progress.

Async DOM refers to a set of proposals to fix responsiveness problems related to the DOM being updated all-at-once, and available only on the main thread. There have been many recent (and not-so-recent) discussions regarding these proposals, including interest from frameworks at the Chrome Dev summit, and I think now is the time to start making more progress on them.

Thanks,
Chris