Chromium's Web Platform Predictability effort

Rick Byers

Jun 24, 2016, 12:40:07 PM6/24/16
to blink-dev
As discussed at BlinkOn (video), we're kicking off a new effort within chromium that we're calling "Web Platform Predictability" to invest further in making the web platform more predictable for developers.  This includes, for example, some focused investments in tools and processes designed to improve interoperability, compatibility and overall long-term rationality of the platform.

For more details see this sites page.  If you're interested in participating in the discussion (or just following along), please join the platform-pr...@chromium.org mailing list.  Obviously any real progress here will depend on close co-operation with other browser engines and standards bodies so discussion will continue to happen in a wide variety of forums.  But it's our hope that with a little more organization and focused effort within the chromium project specifically we can increase the pace of progress in this area for the web platform at large.

Rick