OOPIF Status, April 27, 2016

Charlie Reis

Apr 27, 2016, 7:40:45 PM4/27/16
to chromium-dev, blink-dev, site-isol...@chromium.org

Project Page: Out-of-process iframes (OOPIFs)

Status, April 27:

  • Recent updates:

    • We're continuing our --isolate-extensions launch trial on Dev and Canary channels.

    • Updated more of the layout test framework to better support OOPIFs, and updated test expectations.

    • Fixed several crashes related to RenderFrameHost lifetime.

    • Fixed a crash when focusing a sibling OOPIF.

    • Started relanding some of the IME support.

    • Landed a find-in-page fix.

    • Landed (and reverted) tests for OOPIF find-in-page.

    • Landed support for context menu API in <webview>-on-OOPIF.

    • Cleaned up blink::Frame by removing frameId.

  • In progress work:

    • Fullscreen for OOPIFs.

    • Find-in-page for OOPIFs.

    • Zoom for OOPIFs.

    • More session history updates for OOPIFs.

    • IME support for OOPIFs.

    • Better support for top document isolation (TDI).

    • Reducing memory usage of RemoteFrames.

    • Updating more layout tests to pass with OOPIFs.

Please send any questions to site-isol...@chromium.org!

Thanks,

Charlie Reis and the Site Isolation Team