New email list for Chromium embedders!

Avi Drissman

Jul 19, 2016, 4:01:02 PM7/19/16
to Chromium-dev, blink-dev
tl;dr: https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!forum/embedder-dev/join

Last month was BlinkOn, and I met lots of people who are embedding Chromium to accomplish cool things. I'm one of the people who works on the content team, which allows Chromium to be embedded, and I realized that while we have chromium-dev@ and blink-dev@, which are great places to talk about working on the Chromium code base itself, there's no good place to talk about embedding Chromium and the changes that occasionally happen there.

So I established embedder-dev@. If you work on a Chromium embedder, I invite you to join. If you work on what we currently call the "Content API", I invite you to join.

The embedder interface has undergone small changes over the years, but big changes are going to happen (think PlzNavigate and Dmitri's "Embedder API 2.0" ideas). I want to make sure that there's a central place that these discussions and heads-up can happen so that no one is surprised.

Hope to see you there soon!

Avi

PhistucK

Jul 19, 2016, 4:06:23 PM7/19/16
to Avi Drissman, Chromium-dev, blink-dev
Mmm... I do not see any "Join group" button (using my @gmail.com account).

PhistucK

Nicholas Bishop

Jul 19, 2016, 4:09:29 PM7/19/16
to a...@google.com, Chromium-dev, blink-dev
Could you add that group to https://www.chromium.org/developers/technical-discussion-groups?

Thanks,
-Nicholas

nicholasbishop
head of hopes & dreams
112 W 27th Street, New York, New York, NY, NY
 neverware

Avi Drissman

Jul 19, 2016, 4:10:01 PM7/19/16
to PhistucK, Chromium-dev, blink-dev
Fixed the permissions; try again.

PhistucK

Jul 19, 2016, 4:36:03 PM7/19/16
to Avi Drissman, Chromium-dev, blink-dev
It works. Thank you!

PhistucK