Oilpan - experimenting with a garbage collected heap for the DOM

Mads Sig Ager

Apr 30, 2013, 6:37:29 AM4/30/13
to blin...@chromium.org
Hi all,

we have create a branch called oilpan to perform experiments with putting DOM nodes in a garbage collected heap. The work is exploratory and experimental at this point and we are not planning on merging this branch back to the main tree. Therefore, feel free to ignore review emails with the [oilpan] prefix (unless you are interested in the experiments of course).

If our experiments look promising we will provide design docs as usual before landing anything in the main tree. For now we need to carry out some experiments to come up with a design that we believe will work.

Cheers,    -- Mads

Elliott Sprehn

Apr 30, 2013, 12:51:23 PM4/30/13
to Mads Sig Ager, blink-dev

This is super exciting work. Thanks for the heads up!

- E

Chris Palmer

Apr 30, 2013, 2:39:24 PM4/30/13
to Elliott Sprehn, Mads Sig Ager, blink-dev
Security team is also excited. :) Excellent!

Dimitri Glazkov

Apr 30, 2013, 4:04:15 PM4/30/13
to Chris Palmer, blink-dev, Mads Sig Ager, Elliott Sprehn

Best code name ever.

mcpos...@gmail.com

May 16, 2013, 12:30:11 PM5/16/13
to blin...@chromium.org, Chris Palmer, Mads Sig Ager, Elliott Sprehn, dgla...@google.com