Flakiness Dashboard News

Sergiy Byelozyorov

Jan 13, 2017, 9:41:27 AM1/13/17
to Chromium-dev, blink-dev, Erik Staab
Hello Chromium devs and fans,

Welcome to the first edition the Flakiness Dashboard News. In this update we highlight the improvements that we’ve done to the Flakiness Dashboard and other parts of the Test Results Server. We will be sending these updates semi-regularly, currently aiming for every 3 months.

We’ve done a lot of work that improved reliability of the app. Firstly, nishanths@ has done amazing work during his summer internship to port most of the Test Results Server code from Python to Go making it easier to maintain. Then estaab@ has removed dependency on Milo / Buildbot making dashboard more reliable as this dependency frequently broke, e.g. 666889, 659952, 655967, 666810.

We have also found out that some of the 500’s returned by the server were actually due to clients reporting incorrect builder names or build numbers. If you are an owner of the code that uploads to Test Results Server and now receiving 409 errors, please fix your code to make sure that results you report are not lost:

Finally, sergiyb@ has added alerts for critical endpoints to avoid relying solely on user reports and help us bring flakiness dashboard back up faster.

Another focus of our work was adding a new flakiness tool known as Flakiness Surface. For this we’ve converted parts of Test Results Server to Polymer and added the flakiness section. This section is still in fishfood so it may change a lot, but feel free to explore it and report bugs here.

5FfYWAD5bgk.png

In the conclusion we’d like to mention that WebRTC masters are now also reporting results to the Test Results Server and benefit from all the new tooling that we are building on top of it. We’d also like thank all our contributors and especially estaab@ who has kept the dashboard up and running while also fixing many bugs.

Happy New Year,
Sergiy
vgbu7DLCdaq.png