Middle Clicks No Longer Fire "click" Events

PhistucK

Apr 28, 2016, 3:36:41 AM4/28/16
to blink-dev, Dave Tapuska
I think this merits a public service announcement (if not an intent).
The long standing issue, crbug.com/255, was just fixed.
This means Blink has diverged from WebKit which apparently still has this issue. This may have compatibility consequences.

Note - the Chromium issue is closed for comments.

Of course, this is may be a good change, but I think you should work with WebKit and that it should at least be loudly notified in order to align with Blink.

Also - I do not know, does Edge copy the old-Blink/WebKit behavior?

PhistucK

Dave Tapuska

Apr 28, 2016, 7:56:49 AM4/28/16
to PhistucK, blink-dev

Yes it was our mistake. This was pointed out to us last night although we are changing behaviour to match a specification there needs to be an intent to remove. Navid will file one today and will revert the change if the intent is not quickly approved. Sorry for the lack of communication. Thanks for speaking up it was not intended for this to be missed.

Dave

Benjamin Strauß

Apr 28, 2016, 7:58:40 AM4/28/16
to blink-dev, dtap...@chromium.org
Does this only apply to links? Is it still possible to listen for middle clicks on arbitrary elements?

Dave Tapuska

Apr 28, 2016, 8:04:32 AM4/28/16
to Benjamin Strauß, blink-dev

Look for the intent to remove discussion.