Chrome status Opera shipping entries (was RE: [blink-dev] Intent to ship: Alternative Services)

27 просмотров

Domenic Denicola

не прочитано,
26 мая 2016 г., 15:15:5626.05.2016
– Rick Byers, blink-dev
From: Rick Byers [mailto:rby...@chromium.org]

> The entry also says it's been shipped in Opera - is that really true?

I have run into this recently as well when working on the chromestatus.com entry for constructible readable streams. The problem is that the field layout on Chrome Status asking for the various versions contains the note:

> First milestone the feature shipped with this status (either enabled by default, experimental, or deprecated)

For Chrome versions, this is supplemented by the additional "Status in Chrome" field, which can be set to "behind a flag". This makes the version have a little green jigsaw puzzle piece and "behind a flag" in the Implementation Status section, but it only reflects that for Chrome---Opera is shown as "Shipped".

I guess this has already been filed as https://github.com/GoogleChrome/chromium-dashboard/issues/263. But it's worthwhile to make blink-dev aware of this problem since it will come up in all intent-to-ships that flip a flag, and there hasn't really been movement on that issue since it was filed in February.

Rick Byers

не прочитано,
26 мая 2016 г., 15:27:2526.05.2016
– Domenic Denicola, blink-dev
Oh, right - thanks for the reminder.

Bigger picture, I'm trying to find someone to work on chromestatus.com more permanently - Eric doing it in his 20% time has been great, but I think it's so important that we need something more sustainable long-term :-).  If anyone is interested, let us know!

Rick
Ответить всем
Отправить сообщение автору
Переслать