An Issue With will-change And background-attachment: fixed

PhistucK

Apr 27, 2016, 1:30:48 AM4/27/16
to blink-dev
The CanIUse entry for background-attachment mentions a known Chrome issue -
"Chrome has an issue that occurs when using the will-change property on a selector which also has background-attachment: fixed defined. It causes the image to get cut off and gain whitespace around it."

I could not reproduce this and I could not find anything on crbug.com. Does anyone know what this is about? Can anyone reproduce?

By the way, is there some sort of an unofficial rotation (or an occasional voluntary sifting) among the team for the known issues CanIUse mentions about Chrome?

Oh, I wish the author of CanIUse created issues for any known issue it lists...

PhistucK

Dana Jansens

Apr 27, 2016, 9:07:40 PM4/27/16
to PhistucK, blink-dev

PhistucK

Apr 28, 2016, 3:23:13 AM4/28/16
to Dana Jansens, blink-dev
Since CanIUse specifically mentions will-change, I fear it is not the same issue and we might be missing something...

I created a CanIUse issue -

Hopefully, Alexis can share a bit more information.

PhistucK