Intent to Remove: WebAudio AudioSourceNode interface

조회수 44회
읽지 않은 첫 메시지로 건너뛰기

Raymond Toy

읽지 않음,
2017. 1. 12. 오후 12:33:4817. 1. 12.
받는사람 blink-dev

Primary eng (and PM) emailsyes

rt...@chromium.org, hong...@chromium.org

Link to “Intent to Deprecate” thread

None

Summary

Remove AudioSourceNode interface from WebAudio

Motivation

WebAudio in Chrome implements an AudioSourceNode interface that was apparently used to mark AudioNodes that were also source nodes.  This isn’t in the current WebAudio spec.  We wish to remove this to align the implementation with the spec. This interface has no attributes and is not constructible.

Compatibility And Interoperability Risk

Firefox and Edge do not have AudioSourceNode.  Safari probably does due to the history of the implementations.

A search through Github shows many uses.  A quick look at some of them indicates that these were mechanically generated.  These will need to be updated.

A search through httparchives gives just three hits.  They appear to be auto-generated Javascript.

Alternative implementation suggestion for web developers

There is no alternative, but this interface also did not have any functionality and Chrome did not have any internal functionality either.

Usage information from UseCounter

We have no usage information at all.

OWP launch tracking bug

http://crbug.com/663818

Entry on the feature dashboard

https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5753709124386816

Chris Harrelson

읽지 않음,
2017. 1. 12. 오후 1:25:4517. 1. 12.
받는사람 Raymond Toy, blink-dev
LGTM1

TAMURA, Kent

읽지 않음,
2017. 1. 12. 오후 7:43:0717. 1. 12.
받는사람 Chris Harrelson, Raymond Toy, blink-dev
LGTM2

--
TAMURA Kent
Software Engineer, Google

Rick Byers

읽지 않음,
2017. 1. 19. 오후 1:52:1717. 1. 19.
받는사람 TAMURA, Kent, Chris Harrelson, Raymond Toy, blink-dev
Discussed in API owners meeting.  We were a little concerned about the GitHub usage, the history of compat issues due to strange WebAudio feature detection patterns and the lack of (inability to add?) a UseCounter.  But since AudioSourceNode has no properties, doesn't show any interesting hits in HTTPArchive and hasn't been shipped by any other browser, it seems pretty unlikely anyone would rely on this.

We're OK with removal (without any deprecation period).  But please ping this thread if a single real-world compat issue is uncovered.

LGTM3

Raymond Toy

읽지 않음,
2017. 1. 19. 오후 6:10:5417. 1. 19.
받는사람 Rick Byers, TAMURA, Kent, Chris Harrelson, blink-dev
On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 10:51 AM, Rick Byers <rby...@chromium.org> wrote:
Discussed in API owners meeting.  We were a little concerned about the GitHub usage, the history of compat issues due to strange WebAudio feature detection patterns and the lack of (inability to add?) a UseCounter.  But since AudioSourceNode has no properties, doesn't show any interesting hits in HTTPArchive and hasn't been shipped by any other browser, it seems pretty unlikely anyone would rely on this.

We're OK with removal (without any deprecation period).  But please ping this thread if a single real-world compat issue is uncovered.

Thanks!  We'll be sure to ping this thread if something comes up.
전체답장
작성자에게 답글
전달
새 메시지 0개