Intent to Deprecate: Card issuer network names in PaymentRequest supported methods

207 wyświetleń

Rouslan Solomakhin

nieprzeczytany,
16 maj 2017, 12:23:1616.05.2017
do blink-dev, zk...@chromium.org

Primary eng and PM emails

rou...@chromium.org, zk...@chromium.org

Summary

We plan to deprecate using card issuer network names ("visa", "mastercard", "amex", etc) in supportedMethods field of PaymentRequest and remove this feature in January 2018.

Motivation

The basic card payment method spec has changed from using the issuer network names as payment method identifiers to using "basic-card". The issuer network names now go into supportedNetworks sub-field that's specific for "basic-card" payment method name.

Interoperability and Compatibility Risk

Edge has shipped basic card implementation without support for using card issuer network names in supportedMethods. Only "basic-card" is supported.

Firefox is currently implementing the basic card payment method spec in its latest incarnation, which has only "basic-card" as the payment method name.

Safari has not implemented PaymentRequest.

In summary, only Chrome has support for using network names as supported methods.

Alternative implementation suggestion for web developers

To achieve the same results, instead of the following code:

new PaymentRequest(

[{

supportedMethods: ['visa', 'mastercard', 'amex']

}],

shoppingCart);

The web developers should use the following code:

new PaymentRequest(

[{

supportedMethods: ['basic-card'],

data: {supportedNetworks: ['visa', 'mastercard', 'amex']}

}],

shoppingCart);

Usage information from UseCounter

Use counter is being added in https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/506748.

OWP launch tracking bug

http://crbug.com/719526

Entry on the feature dashboard

https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5725727580225536

Requesting approval to remove too?

No

Rick Byers

nieprzeczytany,
19 maj 2017, 16:43:4819.05.2017
do Rouslan Solomakhin, blink-dev, Zach Koch
Since the CL now generates a "will be removed in M64" message, let's upgrade this to an "intent to deprecate and remove".

From other intents we know that PaymentRequest is not used on may pages yet (and is used only by a small number of partners we're working closely with), so combined with the lack of interop, I think we can expect the compat risk to be quite low.  But please share the UseCounter data here when doing the removal for the record.

LGTM1 to deprecate now and remove in M64.

Philip Jägenstedt

nieprzeczytany,
22 maj 2017, 11:00:1222.05.2017
do Rick Byers, Rouslan Solomakhin, blink-dev, Zach Koch
LGTM2

Odpowiedz wszystkim
Odpowiedz autorowi
Przekaż