Blink Infra monthly meeting notes July 2016

Quinten Yearsley

Jul 25, 2016, 11:04:00 PM7/25/16
to blink...@chromium.org

bcc: blin...@chromium.org

A group of us works part-time on improving the infrastructure instead of sheriffing. We meet once a month to give status updates. Ping me if you'd like join us instead of sheriffing. Current projects are on http://bit.ly/blink-infra.

7/25/16

qyearsley: Rebaselining from try jobs

  • Complete in theory, except for adding try bots

  • Need try bots for all platforms

dcambp, raikiri, qyearsley: Auto-importer for w3c tests

  • update-w3c-deps --auto-import now tries to upload and commit a CL

  • Adding functionality to update TestExpectations based on try job results.

  • Now have a bot on infra cron master: w3c-test-autoroller, not functional yet

estaab: Not really working on Blink stuff at the moment; working on turning down buildbot

wkorman: Just reviewing qyearsley stuff!

skobes: Flag-specific baselines for layout tests (http://crbug.com/598180)

  • We already have support for test expectation files for flags.

  • We want to store different baselines for a particular flag.

  • For a test which has different results when a flag on, shouldn’t consider it a failure.

    • It’s on the commit queue! Almost done!

  • Motivation is root layer scrolling which totally changes the output of layerTreeAsText

  • Baselines that are both platform- and flag-specific are a TODO but we probably will need this as the tests that dump the layer tree tend to have platform specific expectations.

  • Look into setting up flag-specific bots

tansell: Layout tests on swarming

  • Changes to swarming which support many small files mostly, ready for landing.

  • Have had problems with figuring out how to test and deploy.

  • qyearsley plans to help with random order testing but for not the next 2 weeks.

  • Discussion about how to make layout tests better -- put on hold until swarming small file support is finished