filesystem API - Saving without Save As

Brian Huffman

Jun 6, 2016, 10:43:44 PM6/6/16
to apps-dev
I've been stuck on this awhile and know it is possible, because I've used Chrome Apps that do it.

When saving a file in my app, I don't want to prompt to save the file every time. Yes, if I have a new file, user should name it and save it. Upon second save, it should just save.

I have my manifest permissions correct.

Exact same question here on Stack Overflow with no answer for over two years ...

Daniel Herr

Jun 6, 2016, 10:47:20 PM6/6/16
to apps-dev
The answer is on that link.

Ben Wells

Jun 6, 2016, 10:47:33 PM6/6/16
to Brian Huffman, apps-dev
Once the user has chosen a location you should be able to resave it without prompting. Without seeing code it is hard to know what's going wrong.

The question on stack overflow is different; the poster there wants to be able to choose the location without user involvement.

Brian Huffman

Jun 6, 2016, 11:12:06 PM6/6/16
to apps-dev, zaz...@gmail.com
That is the way I understood API as well.

I'm able to retainEntries after closing the app, file is reloaded if saved,  without prompt. So, permissioning seems to be good. I guess I'll start over from scratch. An API without a good example becomes a forum, so I guess everyone gets what they want. ;-)