Chrome packaged app supports public session.

Yong-Wei Chen

Apr 10, 2016, 11:18:27 PM4/10/16
to apps-dev
Hi,
 Does anyone know how to create a Chrome packaged app supports public session? I can't find any document about this.

 Thanks for your helping.

장영수

Apr 11, 2016, 3:24:01 AM4/11/16
to Yong-Wei Chen, apps-dev
thank you!

Sent with MailTrack

Antony Sargent

Apr 11, 2016, 3:16:17 PM4/11/16
to Yong-Wei Chen, apps-dev
I'm not sure what you mean by "public session". Are you talking about kiosk mode for ChromeOS devices?

Yong-Wei Chen

Apr 11, 2016, 8:44:05 PM4/11/16
to apps-dev, yongwe...@gmail.com
Hi Antony,
  Yes, but not the single app kiosk mode.

  With public session kiosks (also called public sessions), multiple users can share the same Chrome device without the need to sign in.

  But I can not find any document to teach me how to create a public session chrome app or support public session.

Antony Sargent於 2016年4月12日星期二 UTC+8上午3時16分17秒寫道:

Xiyuan Xia

Apr 13, 2016, 12:01:14 PM4/13/16
to apps-dev, yongwe...@gmail.com
Public sessions are similar to regular user sessions except the Chrome profile is not signed in and not persisted. APIs requiring a signed in profile, such as identity API, would not work in public sessions. Other than that, creating an packaged app for public sessions is the same as creating one for regular user sessions.