window.open with _blank opens url in tab not in a popup

Sergio Garcia Murillo

Feb 2, 2016, 11:06:21 AM2/2/16
to apps-dev
Hi all,

I need to open an url on a new/single tab chrome window, as you would normally do with window.open and "_blank", but when done inside a chrome app, the url is opened in a new tab of an already running chrome, ignoring all the window features options (width, height, etc).

Are we doing something wrong or is this a chrome app constrain? Any way to solve it?

Best regards and thanks in advance
Sergio

Mike Tsao

Feb 2, 2016, 11:29:14 AM2/2/16
to Sergio Garcia Murillo, apps-dev
This list is for developers of the Chrome Apps platform (C++), not for app developers *on* the platform (JS). Please re-ask your question on Stack Overflow. If nobody else answers the question quickly, answer it yourself (allowed and encouraged) with a reference to chrome.browser.openTab.

(You might want to search SO first before asking the question, though.)

Sergio Garcia Murillo

Feb 2, 2016, 11:53:10 AM2/2/16
to Mike Tsao, apps-dev
I couldn't find the group description, so just had to guess from the name ;)

BTW, just to be clear, the behavior I am getting with _blank is the same one that openTab provides, opens a tab in a chrome window, not a new chrome window ;)

Thanks and sorry for the noise I will post it to stack overflow.
Sergio

Mike Tsao

Feb 2, 2016, 12:07:51 PM2/2/16
to Sergio Garcia Murillo, apps-dev
If you do post a question there, please reply with its link, and we'll make sure you get a good answer to it.