chrome.windows.WindowState == "locked" - Chrome API Proposal

Jimmy Hastings

Sep 21, 2017, 2:58:12 PM9/21/17
to apps-dev, Steven Bennetts, mnis...@chromium.org, Akshat Sharma, Dan Ferrara, Min Zhong, Max Kirsch
Hi all,

I'd like to revive this proposal from a while back with a few changes:
  • Rather relying on domain administrators to decide which extensions are trusted, we're now proposing whitelisting only our own extensions, making this a private API.
  • managed-devices will be the owner rather than chromeos-team-tok.
  • I also fleshed out the Google Forms use case, as that's particularly high priority right now.
I look forward to your timely review.

Thanks,
Jimmy

Devlin Cronin

Sep 21, 2017, 5:54:52 PM9/21/17
to Jimmy Hastings, apps-dev, Steven Bennetts, mnis...@chromium.org, Akshat Sharma, Dan Ferrara, Min Zhong, Max Kirsch
As a private API, this seems reasonable enough to me.

Jimmy Hastings

Sep 21, 2017, 6:56:48 PM9/21/17
to apps-dev, security-enamel, Devlin Cronin, Steven Bennetts, mnis...@chromium.org, Akshat Sharma, Dan Ferrara, Min Zhong, Max Kirsch
Sweet!  +security-enamel for approval from that side.

Steven Bennetts

Sep 21, 2017, 7:06:50 PM9/21/17
to Jimmy Hastings, apps-dev, security-enamel, Devlin Cronin, Mattias Nissler, Akshat Sharma, Dan Ferrara, Min Zhong, Max Kirsch
Proposal lgtm

Jimmy Hastings

Sep 21, 2017, 7:32:03 PM9/21/17
to isa...@chromium.org, apps-dev, security-enamel, Devlin Cronin, Mattias Nissler, Akshat Sharma, Dan Ferrara, Min Zhong, Max Kirsch, Steven Bennetts
+isandrk, who will be implementing

Jimmy Hastings

Oct 2, 2017, 3:17:37 PM10/2/17
to isa...@chromium.org, atwi...@chromium.org, apps-dev, security-enamel, Devlin Cronin, Steven Bennetts, Mattias Nissler, Akshat Sharma, Dan Ferrara, Min Zhong, Max Kirsch, Eric Lawrence
+isandrk, +atwilson

On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 11:26 AM, Eric Lawrence <elaw...@google.com> wrote:
This LGTM for security-enamel, with the caveat that we wouldn't consider a circumvention of this feature (e.g. student finds a way to exit the locked mode) as a security vulnerability.

I left some non-security questions in the document.

-Eric