Private API Proposal: chrome.quickUnlockPrivate

jduf...@chromium.org

May 23, 2016, 5:58:12 PM5/23/16
to apps-dev, Tom Buckley, Steven Bennetts, Achuith Bhandarkar, R.Devlin Cronin, Tommy Li
Hey,

(cc: those who are actively reviewing the code)

We're adding PIN unlock to ChromeOS which needs to be configured in settings, but there is a significant chance the md-settings rewrite will get delayed.

PIN unlock should not be blocked by md-settings, so the pin-specific settings may get ported to an app and that app is then launched from the existing options page.

The following private API enables this app; please see the proposal at [1].

Thanks!

jduf...@chromium.org

May 23, 2016, 6:04:44 PM5/23/16
to apps-dev, tbuc...@chromium.org, stev...@chromium.org, ach...@chromium.org, rdevlin...@chromium.org, tomm...@chromium.org, jduf...@chromium.org, securit...@chromium.org
+security-enamel@ to cc

Devlin Cronin

May 26, 2016, 6:35:07 PM5/26/16
to jduf...@chromium.org, Mustafa Emre Acer, apps-dev, tbuc...@chromium.org, stev...@chromium.org, ach...@chromium.org, tomm...@chromium.org, security-enamel
lgtm, but have +Mustafa sign off from a security perspective.

Mustafa Emre Acer

May 26, 2016, 7:03:52 PM5/26/16
to Devlin Cronin, jduf...@chromium.org, apps-dev, tbuc...@chromium.org, stev...@chromium.org, ach...@chromium.org, Tommy Li, security-enamel, est...@chromium.org
+estark volunteered to do the security review for this API

Emily Stark

May 26, 2016, 11:39:39 PM5/26/16
to Mustafa Emre Acer, Devlin Cronin, jduf...@chromium.org, apps-dev, tbuc...@chromium.org, stev...@chromium.org, ach...@chromium.org, Tommy Li, security-enamel, est...@chromium.org
Yes, I have this on my list, sorry for being slow! Will take a look tomorrow.

Emily Stark

May 27, 2016, 2:51:27 PM5/27/16
to Emily Stark, Mustafa Emre Acer, Devlin Cronin, jduf...@chromium.org, apps-dev, tbuc...@chromium.org, stev...@chromium.org, ach...@chromium.org, Tommy Li, security-enamel
Security lgtm as it's a private API, assuming it will be whitelisted to only the specific app that needs it, as we discussed in the doc.