chrome.passwordsPrivate API Proposal

Kyle Horimoto

May 6, 2015, 6:52:55 PM5/6/15
to apps...@chromium.org, securit...@chromium.org, chromium...@chromium.org, kal...@chromium.org
Hi apps-dev,

This document contains a proposal for the chrome.passwordsPrivate API, which will be utilized by the material settings page.

Let me know your questions/comments. Thanks!

Kyle

λ Ken Rockot

May 8, 2015, 3:09:39 PM5/8/15
to Kyle Horimoto, apps-dev, Security Enamel, chromium...@chromium.org, Benjamin Kalman
API lgtm

Lucas Garron

May 20, 2015, 8:53:31 PM5/20/15
to λ Ken Rockot, Kyle Horimoto, apps-dev, Security Enamel, chromium...@chromium.org, Benjamin Kalman
Since this is private, and doesn't introduce anything the current password manager doesn't do, security LGTM.

I brought up two related topics earlier:

Not revealing the length of passwords
Opinions were pretty ambivalent about showing password length (from both privacy and security UX), so feel free to keep the old behaviour.

Since your API makes it easy to track individual password access, It would be nice if you could work this in, but you don't need to make it block your release.

»Lucas